Chapter 20

Ross' pov

I wouldn't mind doing nothing on the weekend. It was Sunday, which means family day. But this Sunday was different. Everyone was busy, Riker and Rocky were editing the last songs. Mom was wrapping gifts with Rydel.

The song I was writing however didn't made the cut cause I still haven't finished it. I couldn't get a catchy chorus going. I couldn't think of a line that will mark in people's heads.

I was suppose to finish the song after my date with Laura, thinking I'll get inspiration and I mostly think deep late at night.

"Dude you should've just finished the song BEFORE the date" Ryland remarks.

"I thought I'd get more inspiration after that date" I smiled, looking down, remembering the kiss we shared.

"Well you did finish the first and second verse after the date" he said trying to cheer me up.

The verses were easy but as I went to the chorus all I thought about was her. Only her. But there was still something wrong with the lyrics in the verses. It was not giving me that feeling...

"Hardly, it still needs changes. But every song needs a chorus, and my song doesn't even have a title yet" I state the multiple problems as he nods. "I was just distracted by thinking about her all night". I added.

There was a moment of silence as we just both bowed our head, thinking. I got out my phone to check the fandom when Ryland's head shot up ."What did you say?" He questions, looking at me.

"I said I was distracted." I said back.

"No after that" he says quickly.

I shot my head back up. "By thinking about her." I answered again.

"No, AFTER that" he got closer.

I thought for a while, thinking of the sentence that I just said a few seconds ago.

He stares at me, not knowing what look that is on his face. It was disturbing the way he smiles like he just got an idea. Then it hit me, my eyes shot open.

I then stood up and went to my table, grabbing my music notebook and opening the page of the song, I immediately made changes with the verses and started with the chorus as soon as I thought everything was perfect.

~JUST KEEP ASKING~

I dropped the notebook just beside Riker's laptop, crossing my arns and waiting for his approval.

He grabs his glasses as I assume his contacts were off, he grabs the notebook and I saw as his eyes travel from word to word. His eyes got to me after a few seconds. "What's this?"

"Its the song I was writing." I said as he went back to reading the lyrics. "All Night" I added, referring to the title.

I was really hoping he'll consider adding it even as a bonus track. After a minute, he places the notebook down and sits back.

"Is this about Laura?" He said as slight grin was seen on his face.

"Well it was suppose to be, but Ryland gave me the idea for the title and chorus, so I had to rewrite the whole thing" I explained.

"But in a way, its still dedicated to Laura" he spins his chair from side to side, giving me a teasing effect.

I rolled my eyes playfully and place my hands on his desk to lean."its about love, promising not to fade" I said, completely ignoring the question.

"Well? Do you approve?" I said quickly to avoid any more questions.

"Let me hear it at recording tomorrow and we'll see if it makes the cut." He says. And that was enough for me.