Chapter 13

Ross' pov

The usual morning was expected today. Half of the family awake, half still sound asleep. I was just finishing breakfast as I try to read through and get the words of the next script remembered in my head.

An alarm went off on my phone and I picked it up from the side of my plate to see a reminder. "Pick up Laura"

"Whoa, gotta go" I stood up and took a last sip of the cup of coffee in front of me. I grabbed my jacket that was draped on my seat and placed it on my shoulder. I picked up my plate and set it on the sync, kissing my mom's cheek in the process.

"Wait a minute, this is early for you on a Thursday" she states, crossing her arms.

"I need to pick up Laura before I miss her again." I said, they obviously didn't get my reference.

"Again?" My dad asked, putting down the newspaper in front of him, amused by the topic.

I sighed and started walking to the front door. "Can't talk, can't be late. Bye!"

I quickly jogged to my car, grabbing my keys and immediately turning on the engine. As I drove out to the street, I kept checking my watch. "There's still time" I keep telling myself.

I found myself slowing down and parking in front of the Marano's house. I got out of the car and ran to the front door to knock. She should at least still be home, right?

There was a speed on the tapping of my foot. Constantly thinking if I caught up to her.

The door opened not to long and my face lit up. "Laura!" I greeted with a smile.

She held her usual bag, hung on her arm along with a jacket. The jacket that I gave her. I couldn't help but notice everything about her that was connected to me. Like the fact that she is still wearing the bracelet I gave.

"Ross? What are you doing here?" From the looks of it, she was just about to leave for set. Her curiosity wasn't to be blamed considering my call time today was not until an hour.

"Im here to pick you up." I gestured her to my car.

I look back to her and she crossed her arms while giving me a look. "So let me get this straight, you woke up an hour early, just to pick me up?" she ends with a smirk on her face.

"I've been doing it for the past week, I just couldn't catch you at the right time" I explained honestly.

The way her lips formed into that smirk was intimidating, I was suppose to have the upper hand here. I know now that she likes me. She played her cards, now its time to play mine.

"So shall we go, Miss Marano?... I just rhymed" I said as she slightly laughs. It would take an effort of laughs to get to her. But thats what makes it so fun. It was so easy to please her, to get a smile on her face, to make a laugh come out from her mouth.

She eyes me for a few seconds before stepping out and closing the door behind her. "Just get me to set in one piece." she teases as she walks past me. I hid a grin on my face before turning around to catch up to her side. "For your information, I haven't had an accident in a year" I said proudly. "That sounded a lot cooler in my head" I added as she laughs.

I opened the door for her and she slides in. Getting to my side, starting the engine and drove off to set. The way she shifts in her seat to get comfortable was amusing to my eye. It gave a curve on my lips. Her glasses made me think of the transformation she'll get later when she puts on her contact lens. There was always something I found cute in those nerdy glasses.

"Keep your eyes on the road" she says as she was doing something on her phone. A light shade of red went on my cheeks. Being caught staring was never a comfort zone.