Chapter 9

Time passed by my life so quickly. It was like a clock was racing with a 24 hour head start. Saturday came and I was already getting ready for the movie.

You would expect the most obnoxious teases coming out of my family's mouth. I explained that Calum and Raini will be coming along. They didn't believe me.

And my explanation became more unbelievable once I told them Ross will be picking me up. I tried convincing him that I could drive there. But knowing him, he insisted on picking me up.

It was a part of him that wanted to be a gentleman. It was a part that he wanted me to see in him. He wanted me impressed, he wanted me to feel the same way. Which in my case, I slowly am.

I was dressed in something normal teenagers will wear. I wore a red sleeveless top and stuck with my signature short shorts.

I didn't bother to bring a sweater or jacket. I know Ross will offer me his. He's been doing it all the time since that day he confronted me about his feelings. But if he doesn't, then its fine. Im not really the kind of person who gets cold easily.

I was seated in the living room. All by myself in this house. Dad was already at the conference. Mom's at grandma's house and Vanessa's filming. But before they left they made sure to give me those annoying raura lines and signature grins.

I was playing with my fingers. Talking to no one, waiting. And then there was a knock on the door. I shot up from my seat and quickly walked to the front door. Before opening I fixed my top and took a deep breath.

A smile appeared in my face as I open the door.

"Hi" I greeted the messy haired blonde standing in front of me.

"Hey" he smiles back. I saw him took a quick glance at my get up. And as expected, he was wearing a black denim jacket.

"Wow..." He grins in amusement at what I'm wearing. "You're wearing that to the cinema?" He asked with a tone.

I looked down to what I was wearing. "Yeah... Why?" I stared at him a bit upset at what he said and how he said it.

"Don't you think its a bit... Exposing?" He gives me a hoping forced smile.

"Who are you? My boyfriend or something?" I giggled.

"I wanna be" he says without hesitation followed by a nervous laugh.

I was holding in the smile and the desire of my mind to jump at what he said. But there are other things that I couldn't avoid. The flutter of my heart, the reddening of my cheeks.

"Im kidding." He grins, I rolled my eyes playfully and grinned back "are you, Ross? Are you really?"

He just shakes his head with a smile. "Can we stop flirting and just go?" He says confidently.

My mouth widened and laughed while pushing him softly. "We were NOT flirting" I emphasised.

"Weren't we, Laura? Weren't we really?" He chuckles, mimicking my tone. I pushed him backwards and closed the door behind me. "Oh Shut up. Lets just go"

He places his arm around my shoulder and I didn't mind. I was already a bit chilly from the cold winterish night.

We glanced at each other at sync and we both saw a smile on each other. I saw his cheeks blushing. For once I was the one who noticed.

He opens the car door for me and went to his side of the car. I didn't expect to get cold already. Like I said, I don't get cold easily. But I guess that only works for the day.

I was already rubbing my shoulders with my hands and Ross took notice immediately. "Told you thats too exposing" he teases, as he removes his jacket.