Chapter 24

It was a quarter to 12pm. Just a normal day to be worked up about. The day where you actually have no plans in leaving your house. It was a lazy day. The day kids at school dream about everyday of their lives.

But despite me having no plans in leaving my house, that doesn't change the fact that I have no plans at all. Being a teenager, it was given that I had to do something today besides from laying in bed. The sound of the doorbell, signaled the start of my plans.

"I'll get it!" I hollered from my room, not even sure if anyone heard me. I raced down the stairs and got to the door first before anyone else. Typical.

I opened the door and immediately smiled. "Hey, you're not the pizza guy" I chuckled, leaning on the doorframe.

"Oh you ordered pizza?" She questions. "How common" she teases. I rolled my eyes and just stepped aside to let her in. She removes her coat and I hang it up for her in the rack. I grabbed her hand and led her to the backyard.

I set up an empty table, enough for the pizza to sit along with drinks. "Did you bring a bathing suit?" I asked as I help her sot down her chair.

"No"

"What? I thought I told you to bring one..." I whined, practically sounding like a kid. The weather was actually slightly perfect. It wasn't sunny. It was all clouds, semi dark clouds to be exact. It gave you the feel in that it was about to rain any minute. Which was not fit for the month of December.

"We didn't even went swimming at the Christmas party." I added with a sigh, sitting beside her.

"Cause the pool was packed." She explains. "Well its empty now." I emphasized, gesturing to the empty pool. She didn't respond and just shifted her head to my shoulder. The place was quiet, half of my siblings are either asleep or laying in bed, watching a movie.

"Now what are we suppose to do?" My tone was playfully annoying. Swimming was actually the only thing I thought of today. "Wait for the pizza?" She smiles at me innocently.

I ordered like 10 minutes ago, so it should be here in a few. This was actually a perfect time to ask about her album. The thing that Calum told me got me intrigued. She was keeping it all for a secret for a while. Like nobody except her knew about her songs. And Calum maybe, since he snuck the lyrics into his mind.

"So how's your album coming along?" I asked, lacing my arm around her shoulder. She looked at dead air for a minute, humming through her thoughts. "Its going good, I guess."

"I guess?" I smirked. "What's that suppose to mean?" I added. I wanted every single detail about it. I wanted to know before anyone else. I want her to send me everything so I'll brag about it to everyone.

"Well, for starters, I can't seem to finish my last 2 songs." She said with her head nodding from side to side.

"What are your songs mostly about?" I asked, leaning closer to her. She faced me, making us face to face. We were battling the constant smirk on each other. "I'm not telling you."

I then gave her a stern look before quickly backing my head away. "I cant believe you're keeping secrets from me. . ." I turned my head away from her.

I heard her giggle as she comes closer to me. I felt her chin rest on my chest. "You mad at me?"

I kept my eyes on the pool, watching the current being drawn by the wind. I really wasn't that mad. Of course I wanted her comfort from being mad. It was one of plenty fun games you could have in a relationship. One gets mad, one comforts.

Breathing softly, not looking at her, I then felt a rush of blood in my cheek. I slowly look at her, still with a poker face. "You think kissing me will solve everything?"