Chapter 15

Facing my reflection, seeing my eldest brother in the background, laying in my bed while throwing a baseball up and catching it. Making some last minute preparations before I leave. Everything just had to be perfect. This may be my only chance to be able to find my one true love. Im not saying I'm in love yet but who knows. But this will eventually be something at the end. I just had to make this work.

"Money?"

"Check."

"Perfume?"

"Check."

"Laura?"

I turned around to face him. "Already texted her that I'll be over in a few." I replied back with my chin up high.

"Then I think you're ready" Riker caught the ball from the air and sat up. I took a deep breath and he stood up to approach me. He was always helpful at times like these. Only he actually understood my situation right now, being my eldest brother and all.

"Okay, what do you do when fans want a picture?" He tested.

"Smile at the camera and get out of there before they ask questions." I said quickly.

"What do you do when they ask why are you guys there?"

"I'll tell them that we're hanging out for promotional reasons" I said with a bit stutter, unsure of my answer.

"Correct, now what happens when fans take photos of you two being clingy?"

I opened my mouth but stopped as soon as I got the question. I eyed Riker and he just gave me a look to answer. I let out a sigh, might as well admit to him.

"Don't mind them and just act normal" I hope that answer would be helpful later. Soon enough, fans will go wild. Saying that this was for promotional reasons might mark on their head for an hour or two, but after a while they'll see us holding hands, they'll see my arm around her, and hopefully they'll see us kiss. Hopefully.

By the end of the day, kiss or not, holding hands or not, Raura fans will take over the social media boards. I've seen they're capability to convince others. This was a major jump between me and Laura. So I hope everything just turns out fine.

Riker gave me one last pat on the back as he opens the door for me. Time's ticking, better fetch my date. I walked down the stairs quickly enough to avoid looks coming from my other family members. "I'm off!" I hollered as I opened the front door to get out of the house, closing it behind me to avoid being watched or followed.

I made a walking rush to my car, plopping onto the driver's seat and inserting the keys to the ignition. The sound of my car starting also signaled the start of today's events.

I swiftly drove out of my parking space and into the road. Turning the air conditioning up high to surface the air quickly. I had to make Laura as comfortable as possible. Their was a slight unnecessary shake in my body, I was nervous for some reason. I already planned about random topics incase of emergencies. A silent emergency where we won't have anything to talk about.

It might sound stupid that I already prepared a few questions to ask. I felt like an interviewer, coming to meet my guest. I also prepared a couple of compliments, nothing out of the ordinary like "you look beautiful today." Or "Nice get up"

I had no idea what to face today. The fans were the least of my worries. It was inevitable for people to think we're dating after this day.

My thoughts cleared as I enter her street. Same calming tree's greeted me, the sight of huge houses at my acceleration. The spot of the edge of her house made me take in a deeper breath. I found myself slowing down, carefully parking my car in front of the house. It was different coming down here to pick her up for a first date. It was way different than giving her a ride home or even picking her up to get to work.