Helping Hand and Home

Balz POV

Stupid fucking straws. Chris must of been cheating. All for just coffee. I bite my lip as I now stare at the five coffees in front of me. How the hell am I supposed to carry all these.

Don't think I'm a complete idiot, there are trays but they are on the server's side of the counter and from the way she looks at me I doubt I shall be getting one anytime soon.

The others have probably already sat down, lazy asses. If we weren't supposed to be meeting some guy called Devin we wouldn't even be here. Do we even need another member? Can't Ricky just stick with bass and we only have one guitarist or something?

"Do you need some help?" A timid voice pulled me from my thoughts.

I shook my head, not bothering to look round at the speaker, "Nah, I'll be fine. No help needed here"

"You sure? I mean, you have to carry 5 cups alone.."

I roll my eyes and spin, about to tell the person to 'piss off' but instead I freeze. The guy, well I'm pretty sure they're a guy, was tall with a thin figure, soft looking hair and blue eyes. Damn, he was pretty.

"You're Balz, right? I'm Devin, I was sitting over there in the corner. The others mentioned you got the short straw or something like that... So want help?" The pretty guy explained.

Wait. He's the new bass player? You've got to be kidding me! I definately can't think of him as pretty then, no matter how perfect his eyeliner is. Damn, now I'm blushing. I hope he doesn't notice. "I guess I could use the help." I finally admit.

I pick up two of the coffee cups and Devin picks up three thanks to his awkwardly holding two in one hand. "You Alright with those?" I ask and he responds with a nod. Quiet guy. He walks ahead in the direction of the table and I follow behind. Damn, he's got a nice ass too.

****************

About a hour later we are all split into two cars as there are six if us. Chris, Ryan and Ricky are in the one car and I, Ange and Devin are in the second.

Angelo was quiet and clearly still shy around Devin who looks just as shy next to me in the back seat as Angelo was driving. The silence was boring.

"Sooo, Devin. What's a guy like you doing around a group like us?" I look to him, trying to focus on not his looks. He looks so fragile right now, clearly nerves were high.

"I've actually been a fan of the band for a while so I know all the songs and I just, really wanted to be a part of it. I never thought I would be good enough though..." He was watching out the window as he spoke but I did notice his eyes glance in my direction at the end.

I grin and pat his knee, "If you weren't good enough you wouldn't be in the band, Dev." He gave me a cute little smile in return before looking back out the window. However, we are pulling up to the house we all decided to share to spare money. Home sweet home.

A/N
Hello little ghosts!
Two chapters in one day in a attempt to seem more committed to my fanfic even though it just started. A bit of a Balzy POV for you, sorry it's so bad
-Ghosty