Prom

Ammie's POV:

"Ammie Payne to the head teacher's office." I heard through the speakers.

"Oh god, what did you do?" Harry asked me.

"Nothing! Well not yet at least." I replied, walking to the the office. I then knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I walked in.

"Ah yes, Ammie. Take a seat." Mrs King said as I came in.

"Whatever it is, I didn't do it. Now, what exactly is it that I haven't done?" I asked.

"Oh, you're not in trouble."

"I'm not? I mean, yeah. I'm not. So what exactly am I doing here?" I asked.

"Now, you know prom is today and then graduation is in a months time." She stated.

"Yes?"

"Well, a few select students have been chosen to do a speech on graduation."

"And this has to do with me because..?" I questioned.

"You're one of the select students." Mrs King said.

"Me? Really? I'm terrible at writing speeches, I mean just ask my GCSE English teacher." I said.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, and I'm sure the speech will be amazing. Now go, I know you have lots of preparation to do for prom tonight."

"Lots of preparation?" I asked her, laughing. She then laughed as well.

"Well then, I meant spending time in the games room before prom."

"Now that is something I'm going to do." I said.

"Is there anything else you needed?" I asked.

"Nope, you're free to go."

I nodded as I left the office and walked back to my dorm. There, I was greeted by Nish, Abi, Nikki and Harry. Nikki and Abi didn't look happy.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"They've booked us in for hair and make up appointments at a salon." Abi said, dryly.

"You're kidding." I moaned.

"Nope!" Nish replied, while clapping her hands and jumping up and down.

"Eugh." I said, collapsing onto my bed.

"All of your hair appointments are at three, your make up appointments are at five and then we have an hour to get back here and get changed, then we'll drive you to where the prom is held." Harry said.

"Are any of you chaperoning the prom?" Nikki asked.

"No, lucky for you guys, we won't be there."

"Well, I'm going to the games room with whatever dignity I have before you decide to take it away by forcing me to go to a salon." I said as I left and made my way down to the games room. There was already a person there. I recognised him from form.

"Aaron, hi." I said as I sat down on the sofa.

"Hey, Ammie! Fancy seeing you here, I thought you'd be getting ready for prom." He said. My eyes widened as I expected him to know me better.

"Really? Have you met m-" I started but then saw his facial expression change to a smirk.

"Oh shut it." I said to him.

"You're just too easy." He replied. He was playing 'Time Crisis' so I grabbed a remote and joined him.

"So, who are you going to prom with?" I asked him.