Hopelessness

Serena's P.O.V

"Serena."

"What?"

"Serena!"

"What!?"

"SERENA!"

"WHAT!?" I turned around to face Dawn who yelled into my ear.

"Sorry it was the only way for you to actually lift your head up." She gave a nervous smile.

"Agh." I put my head back down.

"Why can't you just tell him how you feel?" Dawn asked as we continued to walk down the sidewalk.

"It's easier said then done." I sighed.

"I know, but... but it's just getting annoying now with you being all depressing and shit."

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess I wouldn't want to be hanging around a person like that."

"Serena, seriously, we need you and Ash to become friends again." Dawn frowned.

"I thought we were friends."

"Not from what I saw yesterday, you ignored him. You even snapped at him."

I looked down. I didn't think of that. Maybe I am the one breaking us apart.

"Well how can I even talk to him? Every time I see him, I can't help but feel..." I didn't know how I felt. Broken maybe? Or maybe just frustrated. I couldn't identify it.

"Listen, Ash doesn't feel good about moving either, you're not alone. He's trying to make the best of the time he has here. He probably feels the same as you do right now, so try to at least not make everything seem... depressing?"

I managed a smile and lightly laughed at what she said about me being depressing. "Yeah, sure."

It went silent for another minute as I kicked the snow underneath me.

"Do you know when Ash is moving?" Dawn asked.

"No, he doesn't even know, but apparently sometime around Christmas."

"Christmas? Dang that sucks. I wouldn't want to move around that time." Dawn looked up at the cloudy sky, the clouds looking as if they were as smooth as silk.

I continued to kick the snow as we walked towards where me and Dawn had to go home.

"Do you know what Ash wants for Christmas?" I asked. "Like what he does as a hobby or what he wants for Christmas."

"No, he just likes food." Dawn laughed.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." I laughed with her.

This was going to be a long Christmas.

Ash's P.O.V

I jumped off the bus and headed towards my house, Gary following since his house was next to mine.

"Are you ever going to tell Serena how you feel about her?" Gary asked.

"I don't know." I said as I saw my breath due to the cold.

"Have you done anything I've told you to do?" Gary asked me and looked at me, studying me as if he could tell if the answer was yes or no by just looking at me.

"No, everything you said is just a waste of time. Not to mention pretty rude." I looked at him.

"Well you got to win her over somehow." He shrugged.

"Wait- I thought you said that you knew Serena liked me back."

"Yeah I did, but you always got to make sure." Gary scoffed.

"Yeah, whatever." I said as I neared my house.

"Smell ya later." Gary turned over to his house and went in, leaving me there along the sidewalk covered in snow.

I walked over to my house that was next to his and entered my house, closing the door behind me as I set down my backpack.

Chu spotted me and followed me upstairs.

I went up to my room to do my homework, which took forever.

•~•~•~•~•

Once I was done, I went back down stairs to go grab a snack, since I didn't have anything all day.

I grabbed the box of Ritz crackers and ran back up to my room. When I did, I saw that my phone was on the side of the table vibrating.

I walked over to it and saw that Serena texted me.

I picked up my phone and entered my passcode.

She texted me, "Srry for snapping at you earlier I was tired .-."

That made me happy. At least she didn't snap at me because she hated me.

I decided to reply.

"That's alright" I texted and sent it.

Right after it sent I heard the door unlock from downstairs.

I threw my phone on to my bed and ran down stairs to find my mom.

"Hey Mom." I said.

"Hi honey. How did school go?" She asked.

"Good, I guess."

"That's nice to hear." She smiled.

"What are we having for dinner?" I asked as she looked through the cabinets.

"Spaghetti."

I dropped my head on the counter which I soon regretted. "Ow- ugh, we're having spaghetti again?"

"Don't you like spaghetti?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, but we had it yesterday."

She laughed and asked, "Well then what do you want for tomorrow?"

"Pizza maybe?"

"You always want pizza."

"I know, that's because it's good." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I guess we're having pizza tomorrow." She closed the cabinet again with a box full of spaghetti in her hand.

"Mom?" I asked, my heart beating 30 miles an hour.

"Yes?" She turned around to face me.

"When- when are we moving?"

"Oh, on the 25th."

"Christmas!?" I almost fell.

Christmas? Why Christmas Day? That was only about a week away.

"That's right, you better start packing." She smiled as she put the spaghetti in the pot.

"But-" I wanted to yell at her that I didn't want to move, but for some reason I stopped myself.

"But what?" She starred back at me.

"But I don't want to move!" I yelled.

"Don't worry, I assure you that this place is way better then here, full of-"

"Mom! I don't want to move! We can't just throw everything away like we did the last time we moved! I'm tired of you keep looking for a job when you could easily just find one here! You could get one just enough to feed us! I don't care if we're poor! I just want to live here!" I felt me clench my teeth as I yelled, my mom quiet.

After she didn't reply for about 20 seconds I looked at her in disbelief.

"Fine!" I stomped up to my room and slammed the door behind me.

I felt so hopeless. So powerless. Why was this going to happen.

"Agh!" I kicked the side of my trash an that was next to my desk, the trash that was in my trash can littering the floor as I did.

Then I turned over to the wall and yelled out as I punched it with my fist. I felt tears. Tears falling down my cheeks as I pulled back my hand from the wall. Why was I crying? I closed my eyes shut as tears streamed down my face. Hopelessness. That's what was making me cry. Making me feel weak.

Chu walked around my feat, trying to comfort me as my tears fell to the floor, my vision blurry.