Headlights

Ash's P.O.V

"Agh, it's cold." May took her skirt and twisted the side of it to got the water out of it.

It was getting dark now, only part of the sky was blue.

"What ride next?" Gary asked.

"What ride!? We're soaked!" Misty yelled.

"Yeah, but we have to leave at 9:45, we're losing time here." Gary frowned.

"Let's just get something to eat." May sighed.

"Sounds good to me!" I smiled.

"Agh, fine." Gary pouted.

•~•~•~•~•

As we walked, it started to get colder as the sun went down. My clothes seemed to be dried off, but Gary, Iris, Calem and Serena were still wet because of the geyser.

I looked over at Serena, her hair still wet. She hugged herself as her teeth chattered.

"Serena?"

"Yeah?" She looked at me.

I took of my jacket and held it out for her to take and said, "You can use my jacket if you want. It's dry now."

"No- I'm good." She lied, her teeth still chattering as she hugged herself.

"Yeah, right." I said sarcastically. "Come on, let me just put in on you already."

She hesitated for a second, but then she pulled her hair in front of her and I put the jacket on her back, the jacket hanging from her shoulders.

Once I put it on her, she slid her hands into the sleeves in the sides of the jacket to keep herself warm. The moment she did that, her teeth stopped chattering. She hugged herself and then gave a small, shy smile and said, "Thanks."

"No problem." I smiled.

Serena's P.O.V

I blushed as I slipped Ash's jacket on. It was warm from his body heat, but I got goosebumps all over my arms once I put it on. I felt safer when I put it on as well for some reason.

We continued to walk until we finally found a place where they sold corn on the cob and hot dogs.

Then after we finished eating, we all headed towards the front of California Adventure.

"Agh, if we didn't eat, we could of got on another ride." Gary frowned as he ate his bacon jerky.

"We're coming back again tomorrow so calm down." Ash reasoned.

"To Disney Land not California Adventure." Gary said.

"Well to bad then." Ash sighed.

•~•~•~•~•

Once we left California Adventure we saw that most of our team was leaving too and heading over to the buses. We met up with Clemont, Bonnie, Paul, Kenny, and Dawn again. We followed them and got on the bus heading to the Buzz parking lot.

Once we reached there, we all jumped out of the bus and walked towards our school bus which was like a mile away- okay, so maybe that's an exaggeration, but it was a really long way to get to it.

As we walked, we all talked about what our favorite ride was. Mine was actually California Scream'in. I thought it would be my most hated, but it turned out to be my favorite ride.

"I liked the River one, that was fun." Misty said.

"How can you not like the roller coaster more?" Iris asked.

"I thought both of them were fantastic." Calem smiled. "I liked the Ferris Wheel too, right Serena?" He looked over at me.

"Uh- yeah." I felt my cheeks warm up as I thought of the conversation we had.

"I really don't think that the Farris Wheel was that great compared to the other rides." Ash said, his voice flat with no emotion.

"How do you even know? You didn't even go on it." Calem frowned.

"So what? It was obviously the worst ride out of all of them." Ash crossed his arms.

"Hey, you have no right to say that it's the worst if you haven't even been on it." Calem yelled.

"Well, I wasn't, but I know that Serena didn't have the time of her life." He looked over at me. "Right Serena?"

I was gonna answer that it was actually an OK ride, but then got interrupted by Calem.

Calem stopped walking and turned over to Ash. "Why don't you just shut up already! Actually all the other rides were terrible compared to that ride! You know why? Because you were on all the other ones!" Calem snapped.

Ash stopped in his footsteps and turned around to Calem. He walked in closer towards him and grabbed Calem's collar.

I turned around, the rest of the group doing the same or stoping because they were behind them.

"Guys stop!" I ran over to the two fighting. I put my hands in between the two and tried to separate them, but then I got pushed back by Ash, pushing me away from the both of them and pushing me into the middle of the street.

As I was pushed into the road I saw a bright light at the corner of my eye. I turned around and and two headlights.

My mouth didn't have the time to yell. My feet didn't even have anytime to react. And my heart didn't even have the time to beat ten times per second.

I heard Ash scream, "SERENA!" before it all went black.