Snowflakes

Serena's P.O.V

It's been a month and a half now since school started again and people are already getting ready for Christmas. It's been snowing for only a week now, which isn't that bad, but it sucks for the people who walk to school and walk home, A.K.A me. It's freezing, let alone, hard to walk through the snow on the sidewalk.

Everyday at school's been the same retinue, go do work, go to lunch, return to work, leave with even more work to do at home. Same everyday. Same with all my friends as well, except Calem has been telling me to stop hanging around Ash. You would think that he would be over that car accident by now. Why can't he just get over it, I have... in like less then a second.

Other then that, I've been thinking about getting Ash a Christmas present, but I had no idea what he wants or what he even likes.

I never seen him play any sports or do anything as a hobby. Who knows what he likes.

"Do you think-" I hesitated. "Do you think that Ash likes me back?"

"I don't know, maybe. But why are you bringing this up now?" Dawn asked.

"The question keeps popping up in my head and it's bothering me." I shrugged as I put my hands into the pockets of my coat.

Dawn opened the door to the back of the school building and walked out, me following.

Once I stepped out I felt a cold breeze hit my face, making me stuff my face into my hair, trying to keep warm.

"Maybe you should just tell him how you feel about him." Dawn suggested, her breath showing in the cold.

"No way!" I looked up at her as if she was crazy, which she was. "I could never do that!"

"Okay, I was just suggesting. It's just that it's been a while now since you've had a crush on him and I was just thinking that you have to eventually tell him."

"Yeah, but we're still to young. We're only 13 still!"

"You know, way before now, kids 12-14 would get married and have kids." Dawn said.

"What!?" I starred at her in disbelief.

"Yep."

"That's just weird." I looked down at the footsteps we left in the snow.

•~•~•~•~•

We neared where I start to walk to my house and where Dawn went to her's, which were in the opposite directions.

"See ya." Dawn smiled and walked towards her house.

"Bye." I turned around and started walking as I watched the snowflakes fall to the ground.

•~•~•~•~•

Once I finally got home, I took off my coat and rushed up the stairs to my bedroom, Fenn following.

I reached my bedroom and sat down at my desk and did my homework as fast as I could.

Then once I was done with my homework, I grabbed my phone from my pocket and started to text Ash, which I do almost every day now when I get bored.

"Do u have any hw?" I texted.

Like always, it took him about 10 minutes till he replied, "Finished it just a while ago"

"Same"

"What are u right now? I'm bored"

"I'm just in my bedroom bored as heck" I replied.

"Do u want to come over and go get pizza? Dawn, Gary, May, and Kenny are going. I'll take ya there"

"Sure I'll be over there in 15 min."

"K"

I put my phone back into my pocket and jumped up from my desk and ran down the stairs to grab my coat. I put on and grabbed my scarf as well, now that it was snowing harder then before.

I then ran into the living room and yelled, "Mom! I'm going to go eat pizza with my friends!"

She replied, "Okay! Just make sure that you come back in time for dinner!"

I walked back to the front door and turned the knob and pulled the door open. I ran out the door, the cold air pressing against my face as snow fell down on the floor underneath me, changing the area around me, into a bright, white. I walked towards the front gate, compacting the snow underneath me as I did. I opened the front gate and then closed it behind me as I stepped out of the front yard and ran towards Ash's house, my breath seeable as I ran.

Ash's P.O.V

I waited for Serena on the steps again, petting Chu. I waited for about 5 to 10 minutes until I heard a knock on the door.

I jumped up from my seat and ran towards the door. I hastily opened it and saw Serena, parsley covered in snow, snowflakes in her hair... which was pretty cute.

"Hey, are you ready to go get pizza?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah. Are you?" She smiled.

I swear to god, every time she smiles, I feel my heart die from cuteness.

"Yep." I smiled back.

I walked outside of the porch and closed the door behind me and then I put my hands in my pockets that were on the side of my coat.

We both started to walk out of my front yard and walked down the sidewalk.

•~•~•~•~•

It was quite for a while, neither of us talking, until Serena broke the silence.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" She asked.

"Oh- uh... I'm not really gonna do anything."

"What?" She looked at me.

"Yeah, I mean... my mom is trying to get the rest of the money we need to- to move to another place where she can make more money." I held my breath after I said that, praying that Serena wouldn't be too sad. But the other part of me wanted a part of her to be sad that I was leaving, the part where love was, or maybe it's just the part where friendship was, I still can't tell.

All Serena did was look ahead of her, not saying anything about it as we passed more buildings and houses.

It was quite again for about another few minutes until Serena severed the silence again.

"When are you moving?" Her breath seeable as she asked and her voice flat as she looked ahead of her.

"I- I don't know." I looked down at sidewalk, snowflakes falling into the concrete beneath me and Serena.

From then on, it went completely silent again. My heart slowly crumpling.

Serena's P.O.V

"Yeah, I mean- my mom is trying to get the rest of the money we need to... To move to another place where she can make more money." Ash said.

It was as if he took a dagger and stabbed my heart once he said that.

More minutes passed that seemed to last forever, until I wanted to ask him something.

"When are you moving?" I asked.

"I- I don't know." He said.

I felt tears form on the tip of my eyelids as my mouth trembled slightly. More daggers entered my heart. It hurt. So much. I didn't know if I would ever see him again once he moves. I bit my lip, trying not to cry in front of him, but a tear fell down my cheek, landing on the concrete we walked on. I hurriedly took my hand and wiped my eyes when I knew he wasn't looking. Why was this hurting so much?

We continued to walk as more snowflakes fell down from the sky, landing on me and Ash as we walked in silence, my heart slowly breaking as I fought my tears.