Scream In 3, 2, 1-

Ash's P.O.V

It took awhile, but we finally found Bonnie and Clemont just outside of the area where the roller coaster was. When we found them, Clemont decided to stay with Bonnie while all decided to go on the roller coaster.

And in order to get there we passed by the place where the roller coaster launched off on the track. And when I say launched, I mean that it really takes off like a rocket ship. When we passed by it we heard the announcer say, "Scream in 3, 2, 1-" and the roller coaster zoomed off as if it was thrown by a giant. You could hear everyone screaming the moment if started to move.

I saw Serena watch the roller coaster, wearing a frown on her face, her eyes full of worry.

"You know you don't have to go on it, right?" I asked her.

All she replied was, "Yeah."

Misty, Iris, Gary, Drew, Kenny, and May found us right before we went in the line, all of them waiting for us.

"You guys took long enough." Gary complained as we entered the long line.

The sign above us said it would take 30 minutes to wait, which I'm perfectly fine with, I thought it would a one hour wait.

"Calem?"

I turned around and saw talking to the guy who made Serena laugh the day after I made her cry. It still hurt when I thought about it, stabbing my heart and damaging it every time.

"Wow, perfect timing!" Calem smiled.

"I didn't expect to see you on this ride first!" She smiled back, obviously happy to see him.

"Yeah, I would usually wait to keep it for last, but I'm just too hyped." He paused. "Hey- um- I was wondering if you wanted to ride in the Ferris wheel together?"

"Me?" She asked.

"Yeah- I mean you don't have to-"

"Of course I'll go." Serena smiled.

I felt a striking pain go through my heart, making it ache as it struggled to extract the pain from it. I felt like falling to my knees as my heart throbbed. I knew I couldn't date her, but for some reason it killed me when I saw Serena hanging around another boy. Especially Calem.

•~•~•~•~•

After awhile of standing in line, we eventually made it up to the part where the elevators were, just in case you change your mind to not ride the roller coaster.

I looked over at Serena. She was staring at it, probably figuring out that it's her last chance to get out of line.

But she didn't take the chance and instead, she stayed in line right behind me.

As we neared closer I saw that her hands started to shake.

"Hey, if you get scared, just hold on to my hand." I smiled.

That she seemed to calm her down a bit as she returned the smile.

Once we reached the end of the line, one of the people working there asked, "How many?"

Gary stood up and said, "10."

"2 people in rows, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5." The man instructed.

Gary went in first, being followed by Misty and got in row 5. Iris moved up to row 4, alone, which looked like she he didn't mind at all, while Kenny moved over to join Dawn in row 3, no surprise there. Drew and May were next, so they went to row 2. Then me and Serena who ended up in row one. Calem ended up having to sit with Iris. Not to sound mean or anything, but it made me happy that he was far enough as I would like for him to be away from me and Serena.

Serena entered first, ending up on the right side of the roller coaster while I took the left side.

We both took off our hats and put them in the bags that were provided for us, which was attached to the back of the seats in front of us.

Once everyone sat down in their seats, everyone pulled down their constraint. It was thick, so I could barely move my hands out of the leather bars. Then after the people checked if all of the constraints were locked and ready to go, the roller coaster moved forward.

"Ash."

I looked down and saw Serena's trembling hand looking for mine.

I put my hand out and she took it, wrapping her hand around the palm of my hand.

I felt my heart give out a warm wave again once I felt her hand grab onto mine and a thousand butterflies in my stomach. I felt more protective- or loved? - when she held it. I couldn't exactly point it out, but it made me feel like the happiest man on earth, sending goosebumps all over my arm, but then soon turned into a wave that felt like someone stepped on my chest, pushing me down, as I realized something. Something that made me feel like I was gonna cry.

I felt Serena tighten her grip as we neared the launch plate. Once we went under a small bridge and came out the other end, the roller coaster stopped and then I heard, "Scream in-"

I looked behind me and saw that there was two small speakers placed where my ears were and then I turned back around and faced forward, my heart beat fastening as the speaker continued.

"3, 2, 1." I felt my back get pulled up against the seat as the coaster was shot forward. I heard my own scream and soon Serena's as she tightened her grip again around my hand.

The roller coaster shot up and then turned back around, heading towards the giant fall. The roller coaster slowed down once we reached it, climbing up the steep hill, which seemed like we reached there in just matter of seconds.

I felt my heart slow down for a split second, but then picked up the pace again once we were almost at the top of the giant drop. I heard screams in front of me, who were in the front and then soon heard mine and Serena's again as the roller coaster fell, pulling us down with it. This time, both of us, tightened our grips on each other's hand as we fell.

Soon the fall ended and it zoomed around the rest of the track and headed towards the loop.

Once we neared it, I felt my heart fasten again, but this time with excitement. I felt my blood rush to my head and the gravity pulling me down as we went through the loop. And then I heard Serena scream, but it was like a scream/laugh.

Then after that, we rode around the track and started to slow down. There was a flash of light at the corner of my eye, a camera taking photos of us.

As soon as I knew it, we were back where we started. The roller coaster stopped moving and people in front of us started to lift up the constraints and get out of the roller coaster. Serena released her grip on my hand and lifted up the constraint next to me. Once her hand left my hand, my heart was stabbed again, for I don't know why. I decided to do the same thing and lift up my constraint. Once I removed it I reached into my bad and grabbed my hat and put it back up, Serena doing the same. She stepped out of the coaster and stood there, waiting for me to get out with a smile on her face.

I got up from my seat and jumped out of the roller coaster. "Did you like the roller coaster?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess I did." She smiled.