Stapled Towards Love

Serena's P.O.V

It's Saturday and I'm supposed to head over to Ash's house today. I was supposed to be there at 5 o'clock. He didn't live that far, so I asked my mom if I could walk. She said yeah, so here I am, walking.

When I finally reached his house, it was about 5:15. I unlocked the front gate and then closed it behind me. I looked around and saw that there was flowers everywhere around front yard. I walked towards the front door. I got ready to knock, but right before I even touched the door, it opened up, showing Ash dressed up in his regular outfit.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey, I brought the supplies that we need to glue on the pictures and flags." I smiled back and I lifted up the paper bag in front of me, holding the supplies.

"Okay, one second." Ash closed the door.

I sighed from the anxiety I was having as I talked to him and decided to sit on the bench on the porch.

I swear I was gonna die. My heart was beating at an uncontrollable rate and I wasn't even in his house yet.

I looked out at the garden, the sun casting shadows from the wooden fence.

I heard the front door fly open and I jumped up from my seat, my heart still beating a million times faster then normal.

Ash poked his head out of the house and said, "Okay, you can come in now."

I walked into the house and I immediately felt the air conditioner. It was freezing in his house. I shuttered as I stepped in.

He closed the door from behind me. "Do you want to work on it in the living room?" He asked.

"S- sure, I don't mind." I felt my heart give out, sending a warm wave throughout my body, but I still had goosebumps all over me.

"Great, follow me."

I followed him into the living room, a t.v. was in the middle of the wall. There was shelfs everywhere as well, full of books. There was a couch and desks next to it, holding flowers in glossy vases.

There was also a table in the middle of the room. Ash set down the white sheet on the table and set down the colored pencils, markers, and crayons next to it.

I set down my bag on it and reached into the bag, finding the flags and bringing them out.

"I got the Japan Flag." I waved it in the air, smiling.

He sat there for while starring at me, I had to eventually snap my fingers I front of his face.

"Oh, sorry. I- I was just thinking about where- where we were going to put the flags."

"Oh... Yeah, so... Where are we going to put them then?" I said this slightly disappointed for some reason.

"I was thinking right here." He pointed towards the middle of the board three times, pointing to where each flag would be put.

"Okay." I handed him one flag and he stapled it to the board as I did the other one and stapled it to the one next to it.

"Are you seriously moving again? I mean- this house is so beautiful."

"It's a rental, I love it too, but my mom would never be able to live here for ever or even buy a house for the both of us like this one."

Ash then grabbed the Japan flag and started to staple it, but then I heard him yelp, making me jump.

"Ah, crap." He shook his fingers.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Ah, nothing." He put his hands behind his back and forced a smile.