Chapter 24

ROSS'S POV

If you thought my twin dying was bad. You don't know anything. 1 week after Roxy died, my dad died. Here's the story.

One night, after all us kids were in bed. (We were staying with my parents for a little while.) Ratliff heard the door open. He woke me, and Ryland up. "Guys. I think someone is in our house." He whispered. We all went to Riker and Rocky's room. "I'll get Riker, you two wake Rocky." I say. They nod, and did what I said. "Riker, wake up." I say. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and see Rydel run in the room. Riker wakes up. "What Ross? Rydel? Ratliff? Ryland?" He mumbles. "Someone's in our house." Ratliff says. He jumps up. He nods. We hear a gunshot go off.

That's what happened. We have their funeral on the same day. You're probably wondering. Yes. Roxy died on our birthday. And today was the funeral.

We all got in the car, trying not to cry. We get there, after 30 long minutes. I see Riker walking to the caskets, so I run up, and grab his hand. I do not like him. Only as a brother. And I need my siblings the most right now. He looks at me and continued to walk.

We go to Roxy's casket first, and I feel the tears. "You know, its okay to cry, Ross? Nobody will judge you. I mean, your twin and dad died." Riker says. I start crying, and he pats back.

"Does the siblings of Roxy, and children of Mark, have any words?" The pastor guy says. Riker goes up first. "First, my father. My dad was the best guy I knew. I think all of my siblings will agree with me on that. Not only was he great, but my role model. He helped come up with R5, and I am so thankful that he was my dad. I never said this often. But dad, I love you. So much. I can't believe you are gone. I won't be able to see you again. I did what you wanted me to do though. I always will. That is protect my family. Now for Roxy. She was my favorite sibling. No offense. Her and dad didn't get along well, so she asked me something I never did. She looked me dead in the eye, and asked when she got married, I walked her down the aisle. I'm sorry sis. I love you too much. I will never forget you. Or our pointless conversations. I'll miss you. Thank you." Riker said.

I zoned out through everybody else's. "Umm. I don't know what to say. I tried coming up with a speech, but couldn't. Its hard being 19, and your twin and father died a week after the other. Me and Roxy. We didn't know we were twins until we were 14. But we were best friends those 14 years. We had a lot of fights. Both Roxy and dad. I can never say I love you enough to both, and that's enough. They will always be in my heart. Besides, I can't forget my role model. And I definitely won't forget my best friend. Roxy gave me a blue and yellow rose before she died. I was told to pit it in her casket. So, here ya go, sis." I say as I put the rose on top of her pale, boney body. I kissed her forehead, before my family came up to say goodbye to her first.

"On 3. Say goodbye. 1, 2, 3." Ratliff started. "Goodbye, Roxy." We all said all together. They closed her casket. For dad, we did the exact same thing.

I'm never going to see my twin again. Or so I thought.

2 weeks
Ross's POV

We just finished our first interview after the funeral. "I'm so sorry about your lost. This is R5. Have a great day!" The lady said. I saw Rydel get teary eyed from the talk about dad and R-Roxy. I looked in the crowd. And I swear on my life. I saw Roxy. "R-Riker. Look." I said as I pointed to her. "D-Do y-you see her t-too?" Riker asks. I nod. We go to the crowd, and pull her out. "Ross! Riker!" She says. "How?" Me and Riker say at the same time. Roxy laughed. "I'm a ghost. Please do one thing for me. Get the others to believe." She said. "Wheres dad?" Riker asks. She looked down. "He didn't believe in ghost's when he died. So he didn't turn into one. I did. So I am one." She said as she hugged us.

"We have to go. See you later, sis?" Riker aks. She nods. "She ya later!" She walks off. But not forever.