Chapter 14

ROXY'S POV

Today was the day. The day they pulled the plugs on my best friend. It was going to be really hard for us. Especially Me and Rydel.

I dressed in an outfit he bought me for my birthday last year. It was ripped skinny jeans with a teal shirt with a bear that said bear hugs, with solid teal Converse. He originally got Vans, but I traded them for Converse. You can't Be a Lynch without Converse.

I had already cried today, and it's only 8:15 AM. I don't want to lose my best friend. I could hear Rydel sobbing in her and Ryland's room. I'm staying in Ross's room now. Delly got over being mad by when I almost killed myself last month.

"Hey. We have to go." Rocky came in and said. I looked at him. "I don't want to. I want him to be awake. We have to watch him d-die." I say, very quiet. Rocky comes and hugs me. "It'll be okay. We will get over him. I hope." He says. "W-what about R5? Is it going to be R4?" I ask. He looks at me and says, "Well, maybe you can be the drummer. Roxy, I heard you play with E-Rat. Your like the new Ratliff." I don't want to replace him though. "Maybe." I respond. We walk out of the house.

The seating arrangement was mom and dad in the front. Riker, Rocky, and Rydel in the first row. And me, Ross, and Ryland in the 2nd row. I lean my head on Ross's shoulder. He doesn't care. He sides hugs me.

We get 1 hour before the evil deed is done. "Ellington Ratliff?" Mom asks the front desk lady. "Room 274." She replies. We get to his room. He looks so pale. He didn't deserve this.

I sit next to him and hold his hand. "Please wake up." I whisper. I feel someone rub my back, and look behind me. "Riker. Why did this have to happen to him? I didn't mean it." I say. "And it's not your fault. Do you want to go get food. I'll stay here." He offers. I shake my head. "I'll stay with you then." And he sits down.

1 hour later

"Its time. Can everyone go to the left side of the room please?" The doctor says. We move over, and I feel someone hug me. Ross. Nobody says anything. I hop on Ross's back, and look down, so I dint have to see my best friend die. Beep beep beep. What?

"This is truly a miracal!" The doctor said.

I look up and see........

Ellington Ratliff staring at me.