Chapter Thirteen: Are You Okay?

I hope you enjoy reading!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Chapter Thirteen

Are You Okay?

Melody's P.O.V

Falling through darkness. A never ending abyss of gloom. That's all it was now. The bliss I had hoped for, prayed for was now dead and gone. And all that replaced it was a shroud of darkness that never seemed to end. And the pain. Sharp stabs of pain that echoed throughout my body. The euphoria I had come to love was now dead. This was hell.

It felt like an eternity before I was able to open my eyes. Open my eyes into another hell. There was no escaping it. The impending doom, the escalating fear, the endless misery. It followed me wherever I went. And now, as I stared up at the grey ceiling in the police station, soaked in blood, realisation dawned on me. We were in hell. All of us.

I sneered at the thought and mentally scolded myself for even thinking such a thing. Heaven's just a fucked up holiday anyway. Groaning silently I slid off the table I was lying on and collapsed on the floor. I winced in pain as I lay sprawled out on the cool linoleum  floor. Every inch of my body hurt in some way or another. Grimacing, I pushed myself up off the floor and unsteadily wobbled out the small office room.

The echo of quiet voices swam through the air and met my ears. The distinct Bajan accent noticeable even in the echos. I looked down the corridor and shakily walked towards the voices. I looked over my shoulder, towards the front of the building where I had collapsed. Even in the confines of the police department I didn't feel safe.

I looked down at my arms, both were wrapped tightly in blood stained bandages. A dull ache was all that remained of the scorching pain I had felt earlier. The red shirt I was wearing was now a much darker shade of red than I remembered. Rips and tears were spread out across the fabric and revealed most of my pale skin. The same could be said for my jeans.

A veil of self consciousness settled over me as I observed my very revealing outfit. I brushed the thought away before it had time to fester. The majority of my body was painted in dry crusted blood anyway. Weakly walking the last few steps I limped round the corner of the corridor. All voices dissolved as every pair of eyes centred on me.

Alan and Carl sat side by side on a cushioned sofa. Rogue bandages were scattered across their bodies. Like mine, their clothes were drenched in holes and splatters of blood. Both of them looked deathly ill, as if they were about to pass out. I could only imagine how I must have looked.

Robyn stood still with her arms firmly crossed, leaning against a brightly coloured, empty vending machine. Her eyes were wide and worried as she looked me up and down. Her dark hair hung around her shoulders and clashed with the bright red of her dress. Overall she looked untouched.

Zoey was slumped in a soft looking chair. A heavy leather jacket hung from her shoulders and appeared to be an immense burden. The black leather swallowed up her small frame and hid most of her body from my sight. She was the only one not looking at me. She looked to be lost in tranquility as she stared off into the distance.

The room was obviously a break room. A small ping pong table was pushed against the wall in the far corner of the room. A stream of sunlight poured in from a small window and lit up the small kitchen area in the room, revealing a fridge, microwave, stove, sink and counter. Chairs and sofas were placed facing a large flat screen t.v. After observing the large break room I returned my attention to the three people staring at me intently.

No one said a word for what seemed like an eternity. They all just continued to stare at me. I shifted my weight from foot to foot, the burning ache in my legs intensifying with every moment I remained standing.