Chapter Three: Vanished

I hope you enjoy!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Chapter Three

Vanished

Melody's P.O.V

I wrenched the door of the plane open and ran outside, gulping in the fresh air. The stench of death clung to me along with large splatters of blood. I glanced back at the plane, the door to the bathroom was jumping on its hinges violently as the screams of the man penetrated my ears. The memory of Alan wrestling the crazed man into the small bathroom replayed in my mind. We thought we were safe when he was securely locked inside, but then Rose started attacking people. I shivered at the image of her attacking the child, but I pushed it away.

The pilot informed us that we were returning to Australia through the speaker, completely oblivious of what was happening. Even the barrage of knocks we placed on his door didn't convince him to step outside. Maybe he knew what was happening? And didn't want to help us in fear of his own life. Even now, with the plane landed the pilots were still yet exit the cockpit. And I wasn't going to wait around for them, that door could break at any moment, and several people desperately needed medical attention.

"Come on Melody move!" Alan nudged me in the back and reminded me that I was blocking his way. I skipped down the stairs and waited at the bottom cautiously. Something felt wrong, shouldn't people be here to properly secure the plane or something?

He stepped towards me with the bloody knife in his hand and held it out to me. "Hold this while I help the others." I took it from his hand and was suddenly hit with the memory of him plunging the small blade into Rose's body. I shut my eyes and held back the tears, at least I was off the plane. But I was back in Australia, a place I worked so hard to leave.

I watched silently as Alan helped an elderly woman down the steps, followed by a woman with a small child in her arms. She smiled at me with large lips but I couldn't return the gesture. I tried desperately to smile back at her but I only found my frown deepening. I was shocked at the small amount of people that were left, but then again several of them were killed by Rose and the crazed man.

The few of us that remained slowly walked over to the airport. We entered the small doors and walked up the isolated stairs.

"Where is everyone?" I whispered, afraid of the answer.

"Maybe we were the last flight to return? They might all be waiting for us in the terminal." A passenger replied, walking slowly and cautiously. I stopped at the top of the staircase and poked my head out slowly, observing the empty hallway. I walked over to a large map of the airport and traced the lines of the airport with my finger. If we turn left at the end of the hallway, we'll be at the terminal.

"Terminals just up ahead." I stated pointing down the hall. Small specks of red dotted the bottom of the white wall and disappear into the dark carpet, I shrugged it off. Someone probably just spilt a drink or something. We rounded the corner of the hallway and stopped dead in our tracks.

Pools of red plagued the white floor.

Tables and chairs had been thrown around the large, spacious room.

It looked almost like a battlefield, with one thing missing. People. I stepped away from the confining walls of the hallway and swept the room as best I could. And yet still no one could be seen. No one screamed or whispered. No one ran or walked. No one was alive nor dead. It was as if everyone had simply vanished into dead air.