*Extended Ending* Part One

Stumbled upon a bad case of writers block, so figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and use this as an exercise to get over it while also giving you guys what you have repeatedly asked me for over the years.

I know it's not quite a sequel but I hope you guys enjoy this anyway.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Rain

Extended Ending

Part One

The Island

Alan's P.O.V

For the longest time, my vision faded in and out as I repeatedly lost consciousness. The one thing that remained constant throughout all of this was the crippling pain that had me curled in the fetal position. Or at least, I thought my body was curled in the fetal position. Really, it was hanging in the air, held up by the securely fastened seat belts around my waist and chest.

It was difficult to breathe, but not because there was something wrong with my lungs. Because every time I parted my lips for a taste of fresh air, I would just get a mouthful of smoke. The acrid stench was enough to make you splutter and heave.

Whenever I was somewhat coherent and didn't have to focus on my breathing, I tried to evaluate my physical state. I was aching all over, and when I focused my eyes I could see the many cuts and scratches that patterned my body. Lightly prodding up and down my arms revealed the many bruises that would soon be blossoming and my head was killing me.

Despite all this pain, I was grateful. My wounds were only minor. I couldn't find anything that was life threatening.

Then it dawned on me. I survived a plane crash.

I survived a mother fucking plane crash.

Or technically a helicopter crash. Same thing.

I was in too much pain to celebrate this fact for long however. Once that short burst of elation had come and gone, I was forced to focus on the present again. My mind was instantly torn between two tasks.

Searching the wreckage for Melody and Carl or getting myself away from the crash. I knew that the Lieutenant and the pilot were both already dead. And. . . Jesus, Mel and Carl weren't wearing their seatbelt's. I was the only one sitting down. My chest tightened with this realization, as if every bone that made up my ribcage had decided to cave inwards, spearing every one of my organs.

I knew I needed to get myself out and as far away from the wreckage as possible. I was already light headed and it was a miracle I hadn't died of smoke inhalation yet. But my mind was overcome with panic and refused to recognize these things.

Mel? Carl? Where were they? Through all the smoke and flames I could barely see a foot in front of me. Not to mention every time I opened my eyes the smoke would seep in and burn them as if my tears had turned to acid. The logical side of me that was still able to function properly knew that the odds were not in their favor. It was a miracle that I survived the crash, and that was with following all the proper safety procedures.

The fact that Mel and Carl were standing when it happened. . .

My chest tightened even more at that thought, so much so that it forced me to physically hunch forward. My thoughts were screaming at me with facts and statistics, but I refused to acknowledge or even listen to any of it. I forced myself to believe that they were alive, and they needed my help. Because if they didn't, if they were already dead, if I let myself believe that, I would have been more than content on suffocating to death in that chair.