Lost in You

Chapter 3 : Indi's POV

"...so then I was like 'Bye!' and walked off...was that a stupid thing to do?" I finished my story and looked at my friends whilst taking a bite out of a sandwich. April and Tabby looked at each other, bemused and astonished at the same time.

"Ahhhh! Ind, you've done it! You played hard-to-get, at last! Yay!" came April's response as Tabby burst out laughing uncontrollably. Her laughter was so infectious that even I couldn't help but join in, and I only laughed harder when Tabby's 'plastic' cheese sandwich (the schools food wasn't exactly high quality; 99% neon orange rubber was the best they could do as a substitute for real cheese) ended up flying out it's packet and landed on the floor. April let out a shriek at the look on her friends face and fell about giggling again.

This is precisely why I love my best friends, because no matter my mood, they could always cheer me up and help me see the funny side to any situation. And sure, it was funny now but I could still feel my heart breaking when Aaron had answered the call to who could only have been his girlfriend.

Sienna Harvey was a plastic, fake-tanned, tacky wannabe who strutted around in dangerously high heels, hanging off of Aaron's arm, hoping someone would notice her and make her famous. She swished her dyed red, nylon-look hair around in the most irritating manner, flaunting as much skin as was legal in a public place. The only word to describe her fully was 'Tart' and even that didn't quite cover it. Bit like her skirts.

"Lame. You're getting to hang around with Backwards Facing Universe, skip class to go for cool sound checky things and make setlists and stuff; while I'm stuck sitting in maths listening to that batty old dear drone on about surds and quadratic equations; confused about how to work out the square root of an algebraic straight angle triangle thingymajigger! Sad face," said Tabby. I laughed, I sure wasn't going to complain about skiving maths. Although it was going to be majorly tense, not to mention embarrassing having to see Aaron Knighte, Sex God extrodinairre, again in... two minutes! Noooooo! I hadn't even finished lunch yet. And I'd had P.E. last period so I probably looked really hot with my makeup smudged and my hair all bunched up in a weird bun, knot thing.

"I've got to run guys. I'll see you later yeah!" I said as I stood up and rushed away to the bathrooms.

* * *

"And those are the details of where it'll be held, incase you need to contact them about anything," I explained to the group. I didn't look across at Aaron but knew he was examining me from his seat and my cheeks suddenly felt very hot. Was Aaron Knighte, singer and guitarist of band Backwards Facing Universe, really checking me out? Wow.

We'd gone over quite a bit since I'd met the guys outside their bus an hour earlier. We all pretended we'd never met one another before, especially not in a school cupboard, and shook hands professionally, which made things with him slightly less awkward. I led them to a spare office I'd borrowed from a passing teacher and had so far conducted a rather successful first meeting. They'd confirmed that they were definitely free on the 21st of December, and I'd booked the date immediately. With that sorted we just talked about venues and ideas and other rockstar stuff. Like Oscar's habit of stealing all the little soaps and shampoos from hotels whenever they stayed in one; and just how much food Seb ate for someone with such a godlike body - as it was, quite a lot more than an average person would or could eat in a day. I discovered how Noah spent half his days in the hair dressers - according to Oscar; and Aaron, well there wasn't much left to discover that I didn't already know. I certainly wasn't going to let him know that though - didn't want to appear like some mad stalker, did I? Playing uninterested and alluring suddenly got very difficult when he began telling me about his life - I was desperate to know more about him. Seb, Noah and Oscar faded into the background as I listened to him talk, they could've been screaming at me and I wouldn't have noticed. I stared at Aaron's flawless face, mesmerised by the way he moved, the way he spoke, the way he looked back at me.

It wasn't until the bell rang at the end of the day that I realised just how long we'd been sitting there joking. I'm pretty sure that the others ended up in some sort of food fight from the state of the classroom when we left but I hadn't noticed at the time. I had been far too busy, trying to look completely uninterested and distant and alluring, rather than the ecstatic, love-struck mess that I actually was. I have no idea if it was working, I like to think it was though. I just hope I didn't look like some half demented epileptic rabbit with an electric shock. Not that I know what one of those actually looks like, but my teachers have always said I have a good imagination (also I always look strange in photos, even when I thought I'd looked nice at the time so...). And being laid-back and attractive at the same time certainly wasn't half as easy as Tabs and April made it look; perhaps it was just me, if everyone else managed it without too much hassle.

We all said goodbye outside their bus, casually chatting about meeting up again to arrange some other stuff. Groups of girls were still hanging around outside the vehicle with numerous objects for the boys to sign - which they did graciously. I sort of just stood about like a gooseberry feeling rather prattish - the rest of the girls glaring at me jealously. How lucky was I, I thought - extremely. I was one of millions of fans of the band, from a tiny Scottish town; I went to one school of the hundreds in Britain yet they were here, with me, for my night.

"Come over here." A voice swam through my thoughts as a hand tugged on my arm. I swung round the side of the bus and was face to face with Aaron. He smiled. "I just wanted to thank you properly for today, you really helped us out. Most girls would've stitched us up and left us for the fans to eat - not you though. So thanks Inds." His face was suddenly very close to mine. What was he doing? He had a girlfriend; he'd only just met me; why was I complaining? I fancied the pants off of this guy.

He hugged me. That was it. Boy did I feel stupid...and kind of, let down. I really did think he was about to kiss me. Which was stupid, I was just another girl to him, he wouldn't like me when he had the pick of anyone in the world. I hugged him back as he pulled me closer to him. I could smell the shampoo from his hair and feel the heat from his body, and the beat of his heart through his T-shirt. He pushed something into my hand then released me, smiled at me again with his dazzling smile and walked off back round to the door of the bus. I opened my hand to find a slip of paper, a number inked upon it with a note - Inds, incase you need to get hold of me, A. I stared at it astonished. This guy, not just any guy but the singer and guitarist from my - and most other teenage girls - favourite band had just given me his number. Oh. My. God! I ran back to where the boys had been standing to find them all inside. The bus shuddered as the driver started the engine.

"S'later, Indi," the boys shouted unanimously from the window, waving as it drove away. I waved back silently.

* * *

"Did you see them? They were at school! Yay! I can't believe they were here!" Dani shrieked at me as I came through the front door. She was practically trembling with excitement. She loved them as much as I did, as much as everyone did these days. We had their albums, their posters, magazine interviews with them; we'd been to their concerts, we had waited outside afterwards for hours for a chance to meet them. It was obsessive. Backwards Facing Universe were hot and every girl wanted them. I hadn't even told her the best bit yet. Perhaps I wouldn't though. It still hadn't sunken in yet that I had Aaron Knighte's number stored in my phone, it was real. On the way home I kept checking the piece of paper to see that I'd read it properly - and every time it said the same words. He'd written my name - except it wasn't my name. I'd told them to call me Indi like most people do and he'd changed it to Inds. Strange, but amazing. No, I wouldn't tell anyone - I wanted to savour it and not have people begging me for the numbers that allowed you to speak to God himself. It was mine.

Buzz, buzz. Buzz, buzz. I jumped as my phone went off in my pocket. Would it be him? No, he didn't have my number. Who would it be then? Apes or Tab?

"I'll tell you bout it later Dan, ok," I said as I walked upstairs, reading the message. Tabby was at April's house and they wanted to come over.

- Sure, see you in a min bubz, bring food :) x - I texted back.

- so I'd like to say thanks to all those who have read and fanned and voted for my story already and could I ask the rest of you for votes and fannage too please!!! X I'm really impressed that this got any readers at all so YAY!!! x thanks (oh and what did you think of the bands name? And more from her friends and sister Dani next time ok!)

Stargirlx27 <3