Hiding!

Chapter 2: Aaron's POV

We dashed down a corridor on the left and looked for the door she'd told us to hide behind. Further back along the hallway I could hear the girl's voice yelling at the hundred or so screaming ones. A mans voice joined the girl's, probably a teacher of some sort, but it was quickly lost amongst the others. 

We all rammed into the second door on the right. 

"But it's a cupboard! She wants us to hide in there? And it's dark," Seb protested. We pushed him forwards and piled inside, sat down on the floor and stared into the darkness, waiting. 

Footsteps went by outside, then faded away. A series of voices passed. Then silence. Until with a slight squeak, the door opened and I was momentarily blinded with the bright light. Behind the silhouette of the girl I could hear a stampede of crazed students, that rounded on us just as she slipped through the gap and closed the door again, locking it from the inside. The sound outside grew then stopped.  

"They're here somewhere!" a voice shouted. In the dark I could make out the girl who had entered press a finger to her lips. No one made a sound.  

We sat for twenty minutes without saying a word, until a teacher turned up to usher the girls still waiting outside away to their classes. Giving up hope of catching their idols, the girls were led away, slowly crawling back along the corridor.

* * * 

From deep inside my pocket a ringing noise began. It grew in volume and filled the tiny room where the five of us where crouching, hidden, from the screaming teenagers outside. I knew who it would be; who it always is. Sienna, my long-term girlfriend is forever calling me when I'm away, or even when I'm just at home, just to see what I'm doing or how I am getting on. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it is just dead annoying. And at this present moment, it is the latter. If she gets us caught I swear to God I will murder her! Why does she feel the need to keep checking up on me? Doesn't she have nails to paint or hair to style? 

* * *

"Wait! I hear something. They're still here." The footsteps stopped again.  

I fumbled in my coat pocket, desperately trying to shut my phone up, stop it ringing so we weren't found and viciously attacked by the hoards of teenage students.  

"Turn it off bud! It can't be that important!" hissed Oscar from next to me. My hand closed around the phone; I yanked it out of the pocket and pressed 'End Call'. The noise stopped and I looked up at the girl. A pair of dark eyes glared back at me, unblinking.  

Her head slowly turned to examine the three other boys.  

I saw her look at Noah with his sweeping Californian blond hair; at Oscar with his deep turquoise eyes; at Seb with that cheeky grin and perfect physique. She didn't look at me, just glanced from Oscar on one side to the door on the other.

* * *

"I can't hear anything, you're making it up Chlo. Come on, lets go to French," came a voice from the corridor. Two pairs of footsteps walked away; one set in a hurry, the other rather reluctantly.

Two minutes later after she'd checked the corridor for any further signs of life, we all emerged from the cupboard, blinking and rubbing our eyes.  

"Erm, thanks..." I paused, unsure as what to call the girl. 

"Indiana. Just call me Indi though," she replied. The rest of the guys thanked her too. Good thing she had been around, otherwise we would've been mauled. To be honest despite the fury that she had been possessed with since we'd met, she seemed like an awesome person. Pretty too. Her liquid chocolate eyes met mine for the first time since we'd met without looking accusing and angry. They were soft and beautiful, full of deep thought, and lit up when she smiled. Oscar cracked some joke or other and she turned away, laughing.  

"Well boys, we'd better get you out of here before the bell goes for lunch. I don't need a repeat of this morning!" joked Indi. She shooed us back down the corridor and through a door that led outside, laughing with Oscar the whole time. Every now and again she'd throw me a furtive glance over her shoulder, smiling slightly. "I'm guessing that that's your bus, seeing as the school ones aren't quite that big or fancy," she asked.  

It's true, our bus is pretty amazing - it had everything we needed: beds; a kitchen; a HD flatscreenTV; a toilet. My guitar was stowed away under my bed incase I got bored on the trip, I had some books to read and paper pads to write in in the evenings. My iPod lived permanently in my pocket and so I always had something to entertain me.  

"I would consider investing in a more sly mode of transport if you don't want to be harassed too much. Just some advice," Indiana giggled, "And I'll meet you guys back here at 1.30...you know, the time we were meant to be meeting, to start going over arrangements."  

"Sounds good! Well, Indi, we'll see you then, then," said Noah, chuckling slightly. He bent down to hug her, as did Seb and Oscar.  

"Thanks Inds, I'll..." I began to say whilst going to hug her. Then my phone rang again. I looked at the screen, already knowing who it'd be. Why now? I thought as a picked up.  

"Hi...yeah sorry about that...but you only saw me this morning before I left...no I'm not saying that!...look I'm busy right now, I have to go. I'll ring you when I'm free...yeah, bye Si"  

I chose to ignore the knowing look on the boys faces. I knew exactly what they were thinking. They thought she was vain and clingy and using me for fame; that she wasn't good enough for me. But so what if she was? As long as we both loved each other, and I did... Well, I liked her; just that lately she'd begun to irritate me a bit, always ringing me - usually when I'd told her I would be busy. She was nice, maybe just a little clingy... No, that is her way of showing she loves me. Sure I knew it wasn't going to last because she gets bored so easily and moves on to the newest upgrade. For now though, things were ok.  

I turned back to Indiana, who's face was now stony once again. Damn it! Why did she always ruin things with her stupid interruptions? I took a step forward to hug her but Indi stepped away. She turned pointedly and waved goodbye to the others before walking off moodily, shaking her head angrily so her long dark hair writhed, muttering murderously as she went.  

"Man, you just got rejected," came Oscar's taunt as I watched Indiana walk away.

* * *

Third Person:

Little did Aaron Knighte know that Indiana Parker had had him memorised for so long. She could tell anyone who asked about his shaggy mid-length dark blond hair, or his golden eyes, or the scar on his left shoulder from a surfing accident in Australia. She knew that his height was exactly six foot and that his brand new kitten was a ginger and white tabby named Alfie. He had an obsession with orange juice and had played the guitar since he was five. 

Indiana didn't need to look at him. She knew him inside out; probably better than he knew himself. If she looked she would only turn into a gibbering freak, barely able to stand with excitement and start talking complete and utter nonsense. How attractive would that look?