Chapter 10 Kama ~ Marissa Lays Down The Laws

Dark Moon of the Red DawnBy: LadyDawn

2013 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 10 Kama ~ Marissa Lays Down The Laws

The sun shining through Morgana's window was a stark awakening, bitter to the tongue. Patience on the other hand, awake hours earlier, busy as she was, quietly down in the kitchen preparing the mornings meal. By this time the dog was out roaming the woods behind the house foraging for another tidbit of meat. He scented it the moment he hit the back stoop, nose in the air, tail straight back, what there was left of itanother story therefeet sailing through the garden, barley touching the ground, off and running so fast. Every so often a howl could be heard from the old dog. Patience looked up out through the small window over the sink that overlooked the rear woods the dog was running.

“That there dog must be on ta some thing.” Patience whispered to herself. She shook her head side to side one time then looked back down at the dishes she was washing. She had the morning table set for their breakfast. Two teacups on saucers, two bowls ready for the morning fruit she would finish cutting soon.

Water heating on the stove.

The sun had finally come up high enough to see the garden and trees of the forest clearly out through the window which she stole one more look out, when she herd the old dog howl one more time. “That there dog going to wake my miss up.” She finished washing and moved to the counter drying her hands on a tea towel to finish chopping the fruit for their breakfast. It was going to be a very long day ahead for them, a big breakfast was in order.

“Morn Patience,” Morgana plopped down in her usual spot as Patience pored her a cup of hot tea and slid her a full bowl of fresh cut fruits and nuts. “Thanks. Going to be a long day I feel it in ma bones.” She reached for the milk for her fruit then stopped at the sound of the dog's howl. “Is that dog I be hearing?”

“Ya he out back in the woods all morn just a howl,” Patience supplied “bolted when I opened the door. too” Shook her head about the dog's strange behavior.

Morgana rose up and walked to the door, opened it and whistled loudly once... twice. She could hear the dog's howl faintly still, but he didn't come to her call. “Patience fetch the bag please and come with me. I feel something not right.” Morgana ran straight for the woods behind the house, just the way the dog did early in the morning. Patience came a running right after her not a moment later, bag in hand. By the time Patience caught up to Morgana she was huffing and puffing. Morgana kept whistling for the dog till they crested a ridge in the hills.

There down below them... they both saw the dog howling next to the broken and bleeding body of a young man who lay motionless beside a large bolder, blood running from a wound to his head. A bone sticking out the side of his lower leg, and one arm twisted behind his back; which he lay upon.

“Quick go fetch help from Marissa.” Morgana sent Patience away as she made her way down to the man below careful not to cause dirt or rocks to tumble down upon the man or dog below. “Good dog, ya did good boy now ya move.” Morgana scooted the dog to the side, Dog moved to the mans head and lay down quietly watching every move Morgana made and the man he found. The man was having problem breathing so Morgana carefully brought his arm back around in front of him checking for breaks finding none, only a shoulder dislocation; she could fix later.

The leg was one of the worst besides the head wound which she took care of first. He had a knot on the back of his head that was bleeding quite profusely, so she quickly made up a bandage with herbs of St. John's Wort & Shepherd's Purse to stem the flow of blood before moving down to his lower leg. There she assessed the damage to his leg before applying her hands above and below his leg wound. Slowly she applied her shaman power drawing in his bones a fraction at a time. Morgana had to stop several times to place her hand to the man's head to keep him out while she worked her powers on the leg.