ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 79

Yara's gaze remained fixed on his face, a subtle blush coloring her cheeks as her eyes dared not venture below his gaze. In the midst of the morning light, Owen's presence seemed to fill the room, commanding attention without effort.

"Go take a bath; we're meeting up with our manager. I'll change clothes and cook breakfast," Owen instructed, his tone firm yet laced with an underlying warmth. With that, he turned and departed, leaving Yara to grapple with the sudden realization of the day's agenda.

His words lingered in the air, prompting Yara to rouse herself from her drowsy state. Without a word, she rose from the bed and made her way to the bathroom, the events of the morning unfolding with a sense of quiet urgency.

After her refreshing shower, Yara emerged from the bathroom, clad in nothing but a towel wrapped tightly around her slender frame. But her moment of tranquility was shattered when she realized her oversight – she hadn't brought any clothes to change into.

With a frustrated sigh, she deliberated her options, her mind racing as she weighed the possibilities. The sound of sizzling from the kitchen served as a gentle reminder of the tasks that awaited her. Gathering her resolve, she flung open the door and peered cautiously into the hallway, ensuring no one was around before darting towards the nearest door.

With a quick twist of the handle, Yara entered the room and locked the door behind her, her heart pounding in her chest. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight before her – the room was adorned with an array of branded clothing and accessories, a testament to Owen's refined taste.

Yara's lips twitched into a wry smile at Owen's choice of attire, but her focus remained on the task at hand. Scanning the room, she searched for something that would fit her petite frame. After a brief search, her eyes alighted on a white long-sleeved polo shirt, its length extending to her thighs. With a shrug, she retrieved the garment and cinched it at the waist with a belt, transforming it into a makeshift dress.

Taking a bold step, she reached for a pair of boxer shorts still in its packaging, a practical yet unconventional choice. Adorned in her borrowed attire, she completed her ensemble with the sports bra she had worn the day before, a reminder of her resourcefulness.

With newfound confidence, Yara unlocked the door and made her way to the kitchen, the tantalizing aroma of cooked food beckoning her forward. As she approached, a smile tugged at the corners of her lips, anticipation coursing through her veins.

"Hey, uhh, I borrowed some of your clothes since Noah only gave me one pair yesterday. I hope it's alright..." Yara's voice cut through the air, drawing Owen's attention away from the stove. His eyes widened as they landed on her unconventional ensemble. Yara shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, a self-conscious flicker crossing her features.

Owen's lips curved into a warm smile, a hint of amusement dancing in his eyes. "I didn't know you could turn one of my polo shirts into a new dress. It surprisingly looks like it was designed to be that way," he remarked, his smirk betraying a sense of admiration for her resourcefulness. Secretly, his gaze flickered towards a paper bag atop the counter, containing clothes Harry had bought for her earlier. However, seeing her radiant in her improvised attire, he decided to withhold them for the moment.

"Now I just need sandals... Oh wait, I remember Noah also included shoes yesterday. Let me grab them," Yara declared, disappearing momentarily before returning with a pair of white shoes that complemented her outfit perfectly. With a satisfied nod, she rejoined Owen in the kitchen.

In his hands, Owen held a plate piled high with pancakes and bacon, a simple yet satisfying breakfast. "Since we're in a hurry, I could only manage this. We'll have something better later," he explained, taking a seat opposite Yara and digging into his own meal. The two of them ate in companionable silence, the clinking of utensils against plates filling the air.