ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 77

Shuffle

"Why has she passed out?" Owen's voice cut through the murmurs of the others.

"We didn't mean to make her drink..." Noah replied in a low voice, sounding guilty.

"Please don't get mad at her," Chris added reluctantly.

"Haaaa..." Owen sighed deeply.

Rustle

Lifts

Yara's limp body slowly rose from where she had been sleeping. Her hands were guided around Owen's neck as he slid one hand around her back and the other beneath her legs. He easily lifted her, her head resting in the crook of his neck. Owen hummed in satisfaction as they made their way towards the airport exit. Yara's feet dangled as they moved.

Noah, Harry, and Chris followed closely behind, their skin still tinged red from the alcohol. Yara's face was equally flushed, and she unconsciously tightened her grip around Owen's neck.

"I can carry her—" Chris started to offer.

"No need," Owen cut him off before he could finish. He held Yara tighter as they exited the airport.

They all made their way to the parked car, Chris silently opening the passenger door. Owen gently settled Yara into the seat, making sure she was comfortable before closing the door. He then moved to the driver's seat, while the other three got into the back in silence. Leaning towards Yara, Owen carefully fastened her seatbelt, then secured his own before starting the car. The ride was quiet, save for Yara's soft humming in her sleep. In the back, Noah, Harry, and Chris soon drifted off, leaning against each other. Owen sighed once again, focusing on the road ahead.

---

"Mmmmmm..."

"Oh, are you awake?" The familiar voice jolted Yara awake. She sat up abruptly, only to collide with someone.

BANG!

"GAHHH!!"

"AH-"

Both Yara and Owen clasped their foreheads in pain. Owen's forehead reddened, his eyes watering slightly, while Yara was no better off.

"You could've slowed down, dumbass," Owen muttered, whacking Yara lightly on the head. She shed a single tear, feeling a déjà vu of the beating she had received in Korea from a certain someone.

"HEY! DON'T HIT HER!" Noah's voice rang out behind Owen. They turned to see Noah carrying a box of pizza, with Harry and Chris behind him, each holding different food. "Tsk tsk," Yara rolled her eyes at the blonde boy, her head slowly taking in the room around her. The plain but elegant style was calming, her eyes following the warm yellowish light to a large window that overlooked the city. Her eyes sparkled along with the sunlight streaming in.

"First time?" Owen's voice snapped Yara out of her amazement, quickly turning it into annoyance. She ran a hand through her uncombed hair and slowly got out of the bed. Owen followed her as she made her way to the kitchen, where Noah and Harry were already wrestling over the biggest slice of pizza. The other three sweatdropped at their antics.

Yara silently opened another box, finding spicy fried chicken inside. She grabbed a piece and began nibbling on it absentmindedly, her thoughts drifting to the race she was supposed to join after their mountain training. The unexpected flight had caused her to miss it, and now she was worried about the upcoming race as well. Her train of thought was abruptly halted when a cold sensation pressed against her cheek. She backed away instinctively, seeing Owen's smug face. Snatching the can of Coke from him, she flicked it open and chugged it down, refreshing herself.