Chapter-16

An early update because me bhot acchii hu🫣😸. Abto vote or dherr saree comments kr hii dena varna me too roo dungii.🥲🥲

|  A   D  V  I  K  A  |

"Riya Malhotra is such a bitch." Neha's voice beamed from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, tell me something I don't know about." I replied with a pinch of sarcasm in my voice.

"But I appreciate the support Aarush sir showed for you."

A small smile appeared on my face and I hummed softly.

"You have to come to every single function of my wedding, Neha."

I said, my voice sounded stern.

"Of course, I'll come. You're my best friend, how could I miss your wedding? And if I didn't attend yours, you wouldn't attend mine, and I don't want that."

I laughed at her words and realized how everything changed so suddenly. Neha was getting married before me, but fate decided something very different, and here I am getting married before her, that too with our boss.

It's funny how life throws unexpected twists at us, isn't it?

We chatted a bit longer before I finally ended the call.

I entered the living room to find Mom and Dad engaged in their usual bickering, while Ishani was immersed in selecting dresses for the upcoming function. Her clothes seemed to have taken over half of the room.

I walked towards them and sat beside Dad on the couch.

"No, we will not invite Nisha." My brows frowned in confusion. Why is he saying that he will not invite bua(father's sister) to my wedding?

"She is a part of the family, Manish. We have to invite her." Mom said in a soft voice trying to explain to Dad.

"Kaleshi hai vo aurat, kalesh kr ke hi vapas jaye gi." Ishani burst out in laughter and gave a high-five to Dad who returned it back with a wide grin on his face.

(“That woman is a pain in the ass, she will go back only after making trouble.")

"But Dad, that doesn't mean we shouldn't invite her. I understand your concerns, but she's still family. Mom's right about that."

Dad glanced at me and then gently held my left hand in his, securing it protectively.

"Princess, she might say or do something to ruin your mood, and I don't want your big day to be spoiled. I want to see you smiling throughout the wedding festivities."

I smiled at his words and nodded before saying further.

"I understand, but trust me, nothing can spoil my mood on my wedding day. And if anything happens, you will be there for me, to take a stand for me. Right?"

"Of course princess, I am always here for you."

I broke down into a huge grin and hugged him tightly.

"Then give an invitation to any kaleshi rishtedar. I will handle them as long as I have your support."

"Troublesome relative."

He hugged me back and Ishani ran towards us to join in the hug.

"Let me join in. How can a family hug be complete without me?"

Mom said and joined us in a hug.

"Okay, now dii, tell me which dress I should wear for your haldi?"

Ishani said, breaking out of our family hug and heading towards her dresses. She picked out two options to show me, so I could help her choose one.

Ishani excitedly presented me with two vibrant yellow outfits, specially chosen for my upcoming haldi ceremony. The first was an intricately embroidered lehenga, adorned with golden patterns that shimmered under the light. Its traditional design exuded elegance and grace, perfect for a ceremonial occasion. The second option was a simpler yet charming salwar suit, featuring delicate floral motifs that added a touch of whimsy to the ensemble.

As I examined each dress, Ishani eagerly awaited my decision. They both looked stunning, but I leaned towards the lehenga. Its traditional design resonated with the spirit of the occasion, and the golden hues seemed to capture the essence of the haldi ceremony.

"I think the lehenga is perfect. You will look great in it." I said, smiling at her. "It's traditional yet elegant, just like you."

Ishani's face lit up with joy as she embraced my choice. "Thank you, dii! I can't wait to wear it on your special day."

I smiled back at her and turned towards Mom to see she was busy doing work.

I walked towards her and made her sit on the couch again.

"Mom, relax for a moment. Don't stress yourself everything will go fine."

She smiled towards me but I can see she was not that happy. Probably because of the continuous work she is doing.

"What happened Mom?"

"Nothing beta, just a little headache."

I sighed at her words and then gently placed my fingers on her head and started massaging her head. She closed her eyes and a genuine smile spread over her lips, filling me with a sense of satisfaction and warmth.

___________

Hey lovely lovely peoplesss, now tell me how are you all doing?

Alright, so I know the chapter is short and this time I am not sorry about it *smirking internally* because trust me, the next chapter is going to be worth it.

You guyss will see their wedding in the next chapter and it's so freaking much close to my hearttttt. There are lots of twists and turns which you all are not expecting.

But wish for the bestttt. I hope I will get a good response from my cutie patooties.

And and and, I know the chapter was boring.🥺 So sorry about that, I wanted to give you guyss a suprise update but had no idea in my mind about what to write because I have already written the chapter of their wedding day.

Take care of yourself and remember that I love you all so muchhhhhhhhh<3 🤌🏻🧿💗🌷