Chapter-15

|  A  A  R  U  S  H  |

"What?" I was visibly shocked.

"You heard me right."

"Advika, I can't make it public before our marriage. Please try to understand--"

Her bitter words cut me and I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Why? Are you ashamed of marrying me? That's why you are saying that you will make it public after the marriage telling everyone  that your parents forced you to marry me. Right?"

"I am not ashamed, nothing related to you could ever make me ashamed,Wildfire. "

Her eyes softened, shedding the tough exterior she usually wore. Tears welled up, and a pang of sorrow tugged at my heart as I witnessed her vulnerability.

She grabbed my collar and pulled me closer to her. Our lips were just inches apart from each other.

"Then why are you doing this. I know that what we have between us is not real and you don't love me but when outsiders question our relationship, it hurts. It's like a direct pinch to my heart."

"If I make it public, it would put you at risk. Please try to understand. Once we are married, you'll be under my constant protection, and there will be no danger for you. But until then, I can't take any risks with your safety. The business world can be far more ruthless than you realize.

They'll stop at nothing for money, power, and fame. Once they learn about our marriage, they'll target you. I won't always be there to protect you, Advika. But once we're married, I'll guard you at every step. You're safe within the walls of Rathore's Mansion, in my penthouse, or at the company's building. But outside your home? Beyond those protective walls? You're vulnerable, exposed to the dangers lurking in the shadows.

I am not saying you cannot protect yourself, surely you can do it by yourself because you are that wild fire who would burn everyone who comes near you but still I don't want any scratch in your body or any stress in your mind because of me. I know there would be nothing between us after marriage and we will live a separate life but that doesn't mean I want to see you hurt because of me in any way."

She sobbed and I let out a deep sigh, the last thing I wanted was to see her hurt because of something related to me and my business world. I can't bear the guilt of something happening to her because of me. It will eat me up inside.

"Aarush, i guess you don't have any idea about how much I love you. My love is not just for show, what I feel for you is not just physical attraction it's something very emotional, something I struggle to put into words. And if loving you comes with a lot of danger then I am ready to love you. Roses come with thrones, you only told that to me yesterday. So I am not afraid to love you even if it means to die for you, I would happily do that. I would gladly give my life for you."

I was beyond shocked; it's hard to find the right words to describe the whirlwind of emotions I felt.

"What do you want me to do?" She looked at me surprisingly and then parted her lips to say.

"I want you to make our relationship public, I don't care about its cons."

I sighed and thrust my hands in my pants pocket to take out the phone.

I attached my lips on her forehead and clicked a picture of us. She shuddered under the touch of my lips and I can feel goosebumps on her skin against my fingertips.