47.

Vishwa parked his car and went near the lift.He did not have the patience to wait for the lift.He wanted to see Shruthi.He ran through the staircase.
He reached his apartment.He started panting.He tried to unlock the door but the door opened as soon as he touched it.
He wondered why Shruthi left the door open.
He stepped inside and was astonished.He looked around the living room.He looked at the cake that was kept on the table.He went around to have a better look at it.He smiled when he saw his name on the cake.Then he looked at the bunch of red roses and the card that was kept near the cake.

He opened the card and started reading.At the end of the card,Shruthi had written I LOVE YOU VISHWA and signed her name.
Vishwa was filled with joy.He punched his fist in the air and said,"Yes! Yes! Yes!"
He kissed the card and kept it down.

"Shruthi.......Shruthi.......where are you?",he shouted.
He went to her room but she was not there.He knocked the bathroom door but it opened and she was not inside it.
Then he went to the kitchen but it was empty.He looked into his room but she was not there.

"Shruthi I am home.Stop playing the fool.Can't wait to see you.Come out",he shouted.

The house was silent.
"You are going to be caught now",he said and called her number.He could hear her ringtone.He walked slowly in the direction of the sound.The phone was ringing on her bed.
Vishwa disconnected the call.He took Shruthi's phone in his hand and looked confused.

"Why did she leave her phone here.She made all these arrangements and where on earth did she go",he thought.

He waited for 10mins thinking she might have gone down to buy something.Since she did not turn up,he grew suspicious.He called Sara to ask her about Shruthi.
Sara said that she did not talk to her from morning.
He became worried now.She called him 40 mins ago and asked him to come but the door was left open and she was not there at home.
"What had happened to her",he thought.
He ran down to the security office.
He called one of the securities.
"Did you see Shruthi.Did she go somewhere out?",he asked.

"No Sir.She came around 9pm but did not go anywhere",said the security.
Vishwa stood there thinking.
She did not go out and she is not in the apartment.Then where did she go he thought.

He walked slowly towards the entrance.
"Sir",called one of the securities.
Vishwa turned to look at him.
"Shruthi madam had a visitor.The other security went to have tea so he did not know.Only I was there at that time.",he said.

"Who was it",asked Vishwa.
The security looked at his register and said,"Mr.Pankaj"
Vishwa's eyes went wide.

***************************
Shruthi had slept with tear stained cheeks.When she got up,they were half the way to her town.
"Dad do you know what time it is",asked Shruthi.

"Don't do know to see for yourself",snapped her dad.

"Yeah.I can see that it is 2 a.m.You have been driving for almost 3 hours.We need to travel another 4 hours.Dad you cannot drive all night.It is not safe",she said.

"I know how much you care for me.I just want you to keep quiet and sleep",he said.

"Dad I really do care for you.You cannot drive all night.We could end up in an accident.",she cried.

Mr.Pankaj was actually tired.He had travelled 8 hours and now he was travelling back to his town.
"What do you want me to do",he asked.

"We can halt in some place tonight",she said.

"It is not safe to stay in a lodge with a young girl like you at this time",he said.

"It is not safe to travel with a young girl like me at this time",she countered.

"Alright I will stop at a good lodge so that we could stay for the night",he said.

They found a decent lodge after 10mins.They took a room.
Shruthi was very tired and she went to sleep.Mr.Pankaj was restless.He went out to smoke.He felt relaxed now and was happy that he was taking his daughter to his town.He returned after 30mins.

He opened the door and found Shruthi missing.He started to panic.