34.

Shruthi entered her apartment at 7pm.She was extremely tired and she had bought herself a parcel for dinner.She was eagerly waiting for Vishwa to come.
She went to her room to change.She had her dinner.It was 7.30 and no sign of Vishwa.She felt bored so she started unpacking.

Vishwa was bored to enter the empty house.He opened the door slowly.He sensed presence in the house.His face lit up.
"Could have Shruthi come so early.She was expected only by tomorrow morning",he thought

He went into her room and knocked at the door.
Shruthi turned around to look at him.She was more than happy.She had no words.She was smiling at him.Their gazes met.They were looking at each other like they haven't seen for ages.
When Shruthi opened her mouth to say something,her phone rang.It was her dad.Eventually her smile faded.
"Hai dad",she said.
"Have you reached",he asked.
"Yes dad, reached at 7pm",she informed.
"Ok dear.Take care.Don't forget the promise you made me",he reminded.

"I will never forget dad",she said and hung up.
She looked at Vishwa and he was silently waiting for her to finish.
"I thought you were coming tomorrow",he said.
"Yes but I have to go to office early tomorrow.My manager wants to meet me",she said.

"Oh.Had your dinner",he asked.

"Yes I had",she said and continued unpacking.She purposely avoided looking at him.
He stood there for a while and then went out.
"What's wrong with me.Why am I running out of words when I talk to her.I need to tell her how I feel for her.Her thoughts are killing me",he thought.

He came into her room again.She looked at him and turned away.
"Shruthi",he called.
"Yeah",she said not looking at him.
"I really missed you these two days",he said.
She did not reply but pretended to keep her dress in her wardrobe.
"Listen Shruthi.Look at me",he ordered.
"I can hear you.Go ahead",she said.
He became impatient.
He went near her and turned her around.Her eyes fell to the ground.He pushed her chin with his finger and made her look at him.His touch made her shiver.
"Shruthi! I really missed you.I haven't felt like this before.I really like you.I want to share the rest of my life with you",he said.

He was so close that she could not resist her love for him.She looked into his eyes and she could see the passion he had towards her.
"Don't forget the promise you made", said a voice in her head.
She suddenly moved one step away from him.He was shocked.
"Don't you have the same feeling for me",he asked.
"No",she said facing her wardrobe.

"Now stop the hell unpacking your bag.Look at me and answer",he said impatiently.

"What do you want Vishwa",she asked looking at his angry face.

"Answer me",he said.

"You have missed me alright.That is your feeling towards me.I do not have such feelings for you.I enjoyed well in my town.I had no time to think of you",she lied.

"Don't lie Shruthi.You were the one who messaged me first.remember?",he said.

"I sent it by mistake.It was not for you",she said.

"I am not that dumb to believe that.I know you have mutual feelings for me.I can feel it",he said.

"Think whatever you want.I don't care.I have never liked you and will not like you in future.You are not my type",she stressed each word.

He felt a sharp sting on his skin when she said the last sentence.

"Now I know why you deny your love for me.You are angry because I said I don't like girls like you.Isn't it?",he asked.

"I don't care about what strangers think about me",she said.

"STRANGER?",he asked and went near her.

She walked behind until her back hit her wardrobe.
He kept his hands on her shoulder and shook her"I love you damn it and I really care for you ",he said.
He looked at her fightened face and softened."Shruthi,I know I have said many things about you.It was not because I wanted to insult you but it was a shield for me to prevent myself from falling in love with you.At a point I could not control my love for you",he said.
She was silent.He brushed her cheek with his thumb.His touch sent shivers down her spine.His thumb travelled down to her lips.He gently touched her lower lip.
She could not resist him so she closed her eyes.
He gently moved forward and kissed her.He cupped her cheeks in his arms and started kissing her passionately.She was mesmerized by his kiss and at last gave in.She started kissing him too.

He was leaning towards her and she bent behind for support.She tried to grab something behind her for support.She tried to get hold of the box behind her but it dropped down and the glass bangles in it fell down and broke.
Startled at the noise they withdrew from each other.Only then did she notice what had actually happened between them.
He tried to hold her from getting hurt by the broken pieces but she pushed him and shouted"Get away from me.Don't touch me".

Vishwa was confused."Shruthi come this side.Sit on the bed till i clean this mess or else you will hurt yourself",he said.

"Stop touching me you pervert.This is all you want is it?.You want to seduce me and make me fall for your desires",she said.

"Shup up Shruthi.I am not like that.I really love you and I did not have an option to prove it to you",he said.

"I don't love you.Don't even think you can place your hands on me like that again",she said.

"Ok lady.What I have on you is love, pure love and not lust like you think.Deny all you want but I know you love me and you want to be with me as much as I want to be with you.I don't know why you are hiding your feelings for me but you will surely accept your love for me one day",he said and stormed out of her room.

She sat down on the floor with her head leaning on the wardrobe door and started sobbing loudly.
"I am sorry dad.I do not know if I can keep up your promise",she whispered.