46.

The door bell rang and Shruthi hurried to the refrigerator.She took the cake and placed it on the table.She ran to her room and made sure she looked presentable.Then she went to answer the door.
She opened the door and her mouth dropped in shock.She stepped back.
Mr.Pankaj entered the apartment.
He looked around at the decoration in the living room and looked at the cake on the table.

"So you are celebrating your first aniversary with your husband is it?", asked Pankaj with eyes blazing with anger.

Shruthi's eyes went wide.She looked at him in fear.Her heart was beating fast and her legs started trembling.

"This is why you were stubborn to come and work here.You got married to him a year ago and wanted to live with him.So you convinced me to come here",he asked staring at her.

She opened her mouth to explain but her mouth went dry.She looked like the frightened mouse who was caught by the cat.
"Is that all or are you expecting a baby this year?",he asked.
Tears welled down her eyes.
"Dad I am not married",she managed to say.

He sank on the couch."I trusted you so much.Why did you make that promise when you were sure you cannot keep it",he said.

He seemed to be broken completely.
"Dad! Please listen to me.I am not married and this is not my aniversary celebration",she said slowly.

Pankaj got up from the couch and stormed towards her.She walked backwards in fear.
"If this is not your aniversary celebration.What is it?",asked Pankaj.

"It is just ....... I mean I planned to celebrate Vishwa's birthday and.......",she started.

Pankaj slapped hard on her face.
She touched her cheek which was burning with pain and looked at him shocked.

"How dare you say that to me.So you have been living together with him all these days",he shouted.

Silent tears wet Shruthi's cheek.

"And when I came to visit you,you lied to me that you were staying with Sara",he said.

"Dad please allow me to explain to you.I did not do anything on purpose.Please dad believe me.I did not break your promise",shs pleaded.

"You stayed with a guy and you want me to believe that you kept my promise",he asked.

"That was the only mistake I made dad.I had no other option.Let me explain",she started but he interrupted her.

"That is enough.Enough of the freedom I gave you and enough of how you misused it.You are not going to stay here anymore.You are going to come with me to our town at once",he said.

"Dad please dad.I love my job.Please listen to me",she pleaded.

"I don't have to listen to you.You killed my trust.You are going to come with me at once",he ordered.
He dragged her out of the house and headed to the lift.
Shruthi kept sobbing as the lift moved to the ground floor.
He pulled her along the parking area and pushed her into his car.
As it was 11pm,the parking area was empty.
He started the car.The car passed the security office and came out of the apartment.She turned around to have a last look at the apartment.

Vishwa's car entered the apartment.He put his head out of the window and said something to the security.The security laughed at his joke.He seemed to be very happy.

Shruthi looked at his happy face.This was the last time she was going to see him.She started sobbing loudly.

"Stop crying Shruthi.I feel ashamed of having a daughter like you",he said and clenched the steering in anger.
The car moved along the less crowded streets of the city now.

Note:
Hello readers.How was the story so far.Did you enjoy it?Please give me your valuable comments.Thank you for your votes and support so far.Keep reading and keep encouraging.Love you all.