twent nine - 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙚

MISTAKES LIKE THIS

MISTAKES LIKE THIS

💋🪩 " no one ever understood
a word he said and they
cast him to the wolves when he
wasn't well and fed "

—"YOU SURE IT WAS DEREK hale?" noah stilinski questioned ivory, scott, and stiles as he escoreted them out of the school. the other three being taken out by separate officers.

ivory had to walk and pretend like everything was fine and like she didn't just get bit. noah had put his officer jacket over her shoulders as he noticed her shivering from the cold, which solved one problem and worsened another. it weight onto the wound, causing immense pain. but she had to play it off. she couldn't wait to get away from the officers to finally have a word with scott and stiles.

"yes." scott nodded.

"i saw him too." stiles added.

"me too."

"what about the janitor?" scott asked noah, as the descended down the outside steps of the school. they had told him all about the dead body and where scott had found it. under the bleachers.

"we're still looking." noah confirmed, his voice unsure.

"did you check under the bleachers? under them?"

"yes, scott, we looked." noah sighed. ""we pulled them out just like you asked, there's nothing."

"i'm not making this up." scott cried out, trying to make noah believe them. it was clear he didn't. he never did. they were just kids that no one took seriously.

"i know, i believe you, i do." noah tried to calm him.

"no you don't." scott snapped, stopping in the middle of the stair case, ivory and stiles trailing behind, watching the scene unfold. "you have this look like you feel bad for me. like you want to believe me, but i know you don't."

officer stilinski kept his voice calm on the behalf of scotts frustration. "listen to me. we're gonna search this whole school. we're gonna find him. okay?" he did his best at reassuring the kids, patting scott's arm. "i promise."

"sheriff." one of the officers hollered noah's way.

"stay. all of you." he pointed at them, giving them a stern look. ivory took off noah's jacket, handing it back. "and stiles give your girlfriend your jacket." and with that he walked away.

stiles began to pull his jacket off, offering it over to the girl who was still shivering. ivory shook her head. "i don't want it."