Chapter ten - cute

Lucifer could hardly handle this. It was bad enough that Alastor was in his room, dressed in that stupid party outfit that made his waist look a little too easy to grab, and now this...!

Alastor stared directly into Lucifer's eyes, drawing a small whimper from the King despite not even touching him.

Lucifer tried to pretend he hadn't whimpered as he readjusted himself on the desk, now fully sitting on it. Alastor watched him in silence. The only sound was the quiet radio static that Alastor always seemed to have hanging around him and the soft rain outside.

"Uh, Alastor..."

Lucifer ran through the list of smart things he had to say. Nothing seemed good enough. But he already had Alastor's attention now and he didn't want to fuck this up. So he made something up on the spot.

"You... uh. Ahem. Do you like parties?"

He mentally slapped himself. He was doing that a lot lately.

But Alastor didn't seem to care for the King's awkwardness.

"I do~."

That same little purr on his voice, the radio static making clicking noises - Lucifer could have melted right there.

Alastor could see that Lucifer was struggling so he took the lead of the conversation.

"Charlie's party was a pleasant one. You are a good little dancer, you know."

Lucifer chuckled nervously and said, "Well, you're better."

A thought came to his mind. "Alastor..."

"Mm~?"

"Why did you... dance with me?"

Alastor laughed quietly, softly, and Lucifer smiled too, despite not knowing what was funny. Alastor looked at Lucifer with an unreadable expression. But he seemed to be thinking about something.

"You needed a good dance, Lucifer. If you didn't, you wouldn't be so stressed all the time~!"

Now it was Lucifer's turn to laugh. Alastor was spitting bullshit! That was the lamest excuse he had ever heard for anything in his life. But it was cute, so he let it slide.

Then another thought occurred to him. He wanted Alastor to stay, but words weren't really his strong suit. He was a little nervous to ask this, but he decided to go for it.

"Alastor... are those ears on your head or do you just have dumb hair?"

Alastor burst out laughing. When he finally stopped, he answered. "They are ears. Why?"

Lucifer stared at them. They looked very fluffy and soft. All of Alastor's hair did, actually. Lucifer could just bury his face in it-

"Looks soft. It's cute."

Alastor's eyes became wide, but his grin never wavered. Lucifer's face turned red and he smacked his hands over his mouth. He could swear he saw Alastor's cheeks turn pink for a second though.

"Ah, cute, is it? I'll have to change that." Alastor laughed, but it seemed forced.

"No, no, that's not what I meant! I meant I- it's cute so I like it. It's a good thing." Lucifer stuttered, trying to find the right words.

Alastor regarded Lucifer curiously. "You like it...?"

Lucifer nodded. He could almost picture himself reaching up and wrapping his hands around those ears and massaging the hell out of them- well, not literally, but you get the picture. He wondered how Alastor would react if he did just that.