Chapter four - tuning in

Before I added this little beginning bit the story had 420 words I just wanna put that out there
Yes this is a short chapter I'm at college rn 💀
Enjoy~

                             ~×~

Lucifer lay on his bed a little longer, feeling confused and conflicted. He knew what he was feeling, he just didn't know what it meant. The strange feeling like a pit in his stomach... but more pleasant... what did that mean? He raised his head to look out of the window.

He could see Alastor's tower, broadcasting at this very moment. Red lights flickered inside. Lucifer wanted to listen to the broadcasts. Just out of curiosity, to see what sort of person Alastor was outside of their incessant bickering.

But he didn't have a radio.

Lucifer stood up, taking a deep breath. He was a man on a journey now, his mission to purchase a radio from somewhere.

The streets were cold and a bitter breeze blew cigarette butts and certain paraphernalia across the streets. A few sinners lurked in the alleyways, their eyes watching as Lucifer walked along the pavement.

He finally came to a shop that sold the radios he needed. He couldn't hear Alastor's broadcast from the speakers dotted all around Hell, so he assumed he'd been too late anyway, but he figured he could listen tomorrow.

The radio he bought was old, but beautiful, with dark wood and ornate carvings around the edges. He ran his fingers along it as he walked, satisfied, back towards the Hotel.

~×~

At the end of the next day, Alastor left the lobby to go and broadcast across Hell. Lucifer was already in his room, and he flinched when he heard the radio crackle, changing the frequency to tune itself into Alastor's broadcast.

"Welcome back, sinners~"
Alastor seemed to purr the words, soft and dangerous. Lucifer tried not to react and failed. The strange feeling in his stomach returned.

He listened intently to Alastor's voice, laughing at his little jokes, scoffing at his bragging and humming along when some old music started to play.

Lucifer enjoyed the broadcast more than he'd ever admit to himself.

As the broadcast came to an end, Lucifer was feeling sleepy. The ON AIR light above Alastor's tower disappeared, but the radio continued to speak.

"I hope you enjoyed this broadcast, Lucifer~."

Lucifer shivered. Then he did slap himself. He didn't know if he was shivering out of fear or out of something else, but he hated either option anyway.

The radio finally went silent. Well, as close to silent as radio static can get. Which was close enough. Lucifer fell asleep and dreamt of a red deer with handsome features and a warm, safe body.