Chapter two (p1) - Thoughtful

This is a short chapter bc I'm exhausted 💀 chapter lengths will fluctuate tho

~×~

Days passed and Lucifer was still clueless as to who had caught him. Whenever he asked, people either smirked as if they knew something that he didn't, which they did, or, in Angel's case, they just outright laughed and said, "You couldn't handle the truth, toots~."

He was sat alone in his room, creating his next amazing creation.
"The amazing FRONT-flipping rubber duck!" He said proudly, holding it up to the light. "That also doubles as a night light, because I nearly burned my entire castle down last time." He added nervously. Then he sighed and put the duck on the table. He walked to the window and peered out.

It was a happy day in Hell, from the looks of it. No ominous plumes of smoke like every day. No loud screeching of tires or demons. It seemed peaceful. Everywhere except for the Vees' tower, which stood out like a sore thumb. The windows flashed different colours. They were having another party. Typical.

Lucifer rested his palm against the cold glass. There was only so much time a guy could waste on making rubber duckies.

The wedding ring on his finger gleamed. He stared at it, thinking of Lilith. Where was she? Why did she leave? He didn't even know if he wanted the answers to those questions.

His mind drifted back to the trust exercise. Back to those arms. That warm embrace. That comfortable hold...

He clenched his fist. Was hw going to stay loyal to Lilith until she came back - without even knowing if she would come back? That was a stupid thought.

His mind whispered, move on.

He so wanted to listen to it.