Chapter 31

Roxanne     

“Are you done with your stroll, love." He mutters.  

His breath hits my nape. The cool air hitting my barely covered body with full force sending chills down my spine.  

“I hate you." I mutter.  

His hold on my belly turns bruising, making me wince.     

“You didn't even love me to begin with to hate me." He strikes back.   

I just snicker. He doesn't really know anything. Should I just tell him just to make him regret?    

I grasp his hand and pull it away from my belly. He lets me. I take a step forward and swirl and come face to face with him.   

“Let me tell you something. I had started to love you…" his face twists in a surprise for a millisecond. “but thankfully I didn't fall hard for you." He is the first man whom I liked somewhat, falling for him. And I hate myself for it. How can I like such a despicable man? “And never will I fall for you. Never will I love you. Remember that."  

I take a step beside him and saunter towards the car, parked a few metres ahead. He suddenly grabs my wrist stopping me midway.   

“You will. You will love me like your life depends on it." He says.  

Call me sadistic but I love that desperation in his voice. Even if that sounded like a promise I can clearly hear the desperation in his voice. I look back at him. The promise written all over his face.    

“That depends on me." I jerk his hand away and saunter towards the car.     

I will never love him. Not in my right mind.   

I get inside the car. After minutes he follows suit. His hand lands on my bare knee and I get alert. Fear which was long gone comes back at a lightning speed. Thankfully he didn't do anything the whole ride back. His hand just stroked my knees while he was lost in his thoughts.  

The car comes to a halt in front of a two story mansion. I grab the handle of the car to get out. I get stopped by the hand. I look back, first at the hand and then at the owner of the hand.    

“You will learn to follow some rules. The first is to be seated till someone opens your door." He grits out. I gulp the lump formed in my neck.  

I shouldn't be afraid of him. What more can he do? He already has raped me. So I shouldn't be afraid of him.   

“What if I don't?" I retorted. The tremble in my voice didn't go unnoticed by him.    

“That friend of yours…" I frown at the change of topic. “the one which you consider your best friend. The boy that helped you." My heart starts thudding tremendously as I think of Brent. I really forget about him. “He sadly got in an accident. A severe one at that." Tears well up in my eyes. He what? 

“When he was going back after dropping you he got hit by a truck. Sadly he lost his right leg. Since there was no one to save him, he lost too much blood making him lose his leg." Tears start falling through my eyes. He lost his legs. I was shocked by this sudden news.    

“You did it, didn't you?" I barked, angry. My hand trembled in anger. I wanted to kill this bastard.  

“Don't cry for him." He caresses my cheeks simultaneously, wiping away the tears. I jerk my face away from his disgusting hand.

My glare fixated on him.  

Isaac grasps my chin, harshly as he barks.    

“The second rule is to never avoid my touch. Never step away from me. And if you even shed one tear for that bastard, I will kill him. It will not take much to kill him."