Chapter 26

Isaac 

"What is happening here?" 

I was away just for a few minutes and I got a call from Carla saying some shit is happening in the mansion with Roxanne. I had sent Carla with the latest mobile models to have Roxanne choose one which she wanted. 

I look at the scene unfolding in front of me. My eyes widen when I see Roxanne staggering. Before I can think of anything I whisk towards her. 

Before she could land on the ground I circle my hands on her belly, catching her, as she falls in my arms unconscious.

I heave a sigh of relief when she is secure in my arms. I caress her forehead which is damp due to sweat. I remove all her hair away from her face. 

She looks pale and frightened. 

Why is she like this? I take her in my arms bridal style and walk towards the sofa while avoiding each and everyone. I lay her on it. 

"Call the doctor." I shout to no one in particular. 

Why did she get unconscious? Didn't I order a maid to get food for Roxanne. I am gonna kill that maid for starving Roxanne. 

"H-he will be here in a few minutes." Mom answers shuttering. Thankfully grandma keeps a doctor on the premises of this house so in emergencies he could be used. His house is just a few metres away. With trembling hands I caress her scalp. 

Why is she unconscious? Why? Wasn't she okay a few hours ago, wanting to kill me? What happened now? 

"What was happening here?" I gritted out. No one answered. "Fucking, answer me someone." I growl as I look back at them, glaring. 

They are all the reasons for her being in this condition. I made a mistake by keeping her here. She was better off back at my mansion. I shouldn't have listened to grandma. My love doesn't need to learn etiquette and manners. She is better off with them. 

"Son.." my glare came to a stop on grandma. "I was punishing her and this low being." Anger surges through me as one sentence kept repeating in my mind like a fucking record. 

Punishing her. Punishing her. Punishing her. 

"For what and WITH WHAT AUTHORITY?" I bellow as I get on my feet. And everyone flinches except grandma. 

"As the head of this family. I need to teach her and every person and maid of this family a lesson." She answers back, confidently. I glare at her. 

Roxanne is mine. She is my responsibility. I am the only one who can punish her, not anyone else. No one has the authority to do that. No one except me. 

"Care to elaborate." I grit out. Sure she is the head. She handles most of the things but that doesn't mean she has the authority to punish Roxanne. My Roxanne. 

Even after she ran away on the day of marriage I couldn't harm her as much I thought I would. I just thought of punishing her family which will ultimately give her pain. I couldn't bring myself to harm her. I couldn't even take what was mine yesterday night, just because of the thought of her getting hurt beyond repair. 

"This boy,...." She points towards a boy. I can't see his face since it's thrusted towards the ground. His whole body is trembling as he whimpers in pain, "a low being dared to look in the eyes of Roxanne." I clench my fist. This is the second one who looked in the eyes of Roxanne today. "Show your face." Grandma barks to that man. Whimpering, he looks at me. 

I was surprised to see the same boy whom I had punched earlier. A satisfaction surges in me seeing him like this. In pain and battered out. 

"Sir, the doctor has arrived." Carla informs.