Chapter 1

Roxanne

"Are you excited, sis?" I ask as I plop down on her queen bed. I lay on my side, with my face towards her, my hand supporting my head. My big sis Emily is sitting in front of her dressing table getting ready.

"Yes.” She replies in an excited voice. 

I giggle at her excited voice. 

"I mean I can never believe that the man whom I was always fantasising about marrying since the day I saw, is finally going to become mine. Isn't this like a dream come true?" She replies and swirls. Her jet black hair was in a sleek updo. Her lips painted red and on her pale skin it looked sexy. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and perfect.

"You mean to say the boy you saw on your 10th birthday." I point out. She just rolls her eyes and swirls back to the mirror to get her makeup done. 

I flip on my back and gaze at the ceiling.

"But what about your dreams?" I ask her, “I have heard that the women of that family, except for looking after a few charity monuments, are not allowed to do anything." I get on my side and take the earlier position. "That means you won't be able to continue your career in designing."

She shrugs. I groan in irritation. How can she be so nonchalant for her career?

She gets on her feet, my eyes follow her figure. She dumps her robe on the ground, and her perfectly curved and taunt figure clothed in white lingerie greets me back. A subtle blush creeps up my face.

She grabs the silver sequin dress from the hanger, accesses it and with a nod puts it on.

"So how do I look?" She twirls for me. I rise up and I give her a thumbs up. She can even look good in a torn sack. 

She has always been the beautiful one among the both of us. She has straight black hip length hair, while I have wavy brown shoulder length hair. She has green eyes while I have normal brown eyes. She has a model figure while I have a normal body shape. She is 5'7" while I am just 5'4". She is a good girl, who is perfect, while I am a girl with tantrums and lots of imperfection. 

She is a complete opposite of me, except our skin tone. Both of us have pale skin.

And I have never felt jealous of her, except when I was a teenager. In my teenage days I used to loathe her. Everywhere I used to go, everyone would compare her with me. I hated her for being my sister but now I love her the most.

"I hope he manages to keep himself awake and not lose consciousness after seeing you." I say. My sister is ethereal; anyone would lose their sanity upon seeing her. 

She laughs shyly and says, "I am off." 

I again give her a thumbs up and drop back on the bed on my back. 

She was behaving as if it was her first date. They have been dating for seven years. When they were of age 18 my sister had confessed to him and he said yes. I don't know why she was afraid of not being able to marry him. Whatever it was, now it is of no use since they are both supposed to marry each other.

I have never seen him. I do have seen him in magazines and news but never in reality. I admire him. At the age of 25 he was considered as a mastermind of business.

I pull the duvet over me and decide to take a small nap since I am feeling a little lazy to go to my room. I groan with my eyes closed as I realise I have to wake up early for college. Since I am in first year, it's a morning session. Groaning, I give in to sleep.

I flutter my eyes open at the rustling sound.

What time is it?