Chapter 21

Roxanne

A very relaxed Ragnor leisurely walks in. His eyes after looking me up and down are now looking around the room. He very casually makes himself comfortable on the foot of the bed. After scrutinising the room his eyes fell on me.

"You look stressed." He points out.

My frown deepens.

Why is he here? And the first thing he says is 'You look stressed.' I never had much conversation with him but I have come to know that he is very different from Rodriguez's and Lander's. He doesn't care about public thinking or anyone's thinking. He does what he likes.

A very opposite character from my sis.

"Don't frown. You look ugly with that frown." My lips part as I get stunned by his blunt comment. "Now you look more ugly."

I am speechless.

"What do you want?" I finally ask. I am sure he is here with some business. He smirks. That gives me chills.

"I do want something. But first of all I was thrilled by your stunt which you pulled outside, in front of those reporters. You should have seen mom's face. It was hilarious." He starts laughing. His laughter echoed in the room, while I stood gawking.

Shouldn't he be angry for trying to pull something which may have tarnished their name.

"Why are you laughing? Shouldn't you be angry and throw some insults at me for tarnishing your name." I say. "Or more like slap me." I say it slowly. My cheeks still hurt from that slap.

He blinks away the tears which had gathered at the end of his eyes. He really found that amusing.

"Just like how my dear nephew had?" I clench my fist in anger. "No, I will pass on. Since he has many things prepared for you and I don't want to add more to your misery." What does he mean by Isaac preparing more things for me? "And I am angry. And you know why?" He looks up, his emerald eyes clashing with mine. His eyes. I can feel some danger lurking in it. It's like the laid back persona which he puts is just a facade.

"Ask me?" He urges.

Gulping the lump, formed in my throat, I say. "Why?" I don't know why, he feels dangerous. His chilling eyes are giving me goosebumps even though he is doing nothing.

"I got trapped..." he grits out, making me flinch. "Because of your stunt, mom has announced my and that brat's engagement to the world." I flinch at his loud voice.

Is he...is he calling sis brat? And is this what Mrs Lander was talking about when she said to take reporters attention to somewhere else? Because it definitely will take their attention somewhere else. I just hope the reporter who saw me had heard me and will do something.

"But, the look on mom's face was more appealing and I want to reward you for that. But you know I am kind of broke right now." I tilt my head in confusion. How can he be broke when he is the son of Mrs Lander and a grown up man. And why is he being pitiful now when he was angry just seconds ago.

Is he bipolar?

"Oh don't give me that look." He waves his hand. "You will not understand it, even if I try to explain it. But I am really broke."

I don't even need a reward from him. Besides, I am thirsty. I walk towards the side table, by passing Ragnor. His eyes followed me.

I fill the glass with the water from the jar. Grabbing it I gulped the whole water down. I was really thirsty.

"I know Emily helped you in running away."

I spit the water out in surprise, choking on some. I start coughing furiously. It felt uncomfortable with water stuck in my nose.

"I should have waited till you were done with your drinking I guess. Sorry."

Still coughing, I turned towards him. Even if he said sorry, his face said something else. He was finding it amusing.

Jerk.

I try to suppress my coughing. It works for a few minutes but the very next second a weird sound comes through my lips, due to my suppressing. I get annoyed when that jerk starts laughing, without a hint of guilt.

"You are." Cough. "wrong." I say. "And st..." cough. "stop laughing." My voice sounded odd as I was trying to talk while suppressing the cough. I don't know how he came to know that sis helped me but I am not going to give him a confirmation. Already I have many things to handle. The load of me being probably married is weighing on my shoulders.

He lifts both his brows as he says. "Do you think I am an idiot?" And just to annoy him I nod my head. "I said that rhetorically, Mrs Isaac Rodriguez." I clench my fist.

Can I slap him? Definitely not. He is going to be my brother-in-law.

"Do you feel like slapping me?" He asked as he plops his elbows on his knee and keeps his left cheek on his open palm, with his eyes on me. I part my lips to answer truthfully but he beats me.

"Sure, you do. It's written all over your face." He sighs heavily as if tired of talking. "Why is that brat not like that? Agh." He groans. "She keeps that smiley face every fucking time even if I do something annoying."

I scowl.

"Stop calling her brat." I snap, annoyed. My sis is not a brat. Though I can't disagree with him on that. Sis does keep a facade look of a smiley face but only in front of the public, but I didn't know she does it in front of him as well.

Now that I think about it, her smile which she shows to the public matches with the smiles she has in front of us. Or am I just thinking too much about it?

"You really shouldn't have agreed with that brat's stupid and somewhat...intelligent plan. Because you know,..." He gets on his feet and I take a step away. He stops keeping a one hand distance between us. "my nephew is quite unforgivable and he has planned many things to get you doomed. Much. More. Dangerous. Things." My breathing stops, as heaviness settles in my heart. "I am afraid it will break you, beyond repair."

He leans down and I flinch to the side as he grabs the jug. He takes a few sips straight from it. He kept it back and I stood beside him.

"Anyway, as I was saying, I know Emily helped you in running away." I part my lips to deny but he again beats me. "Don't even try to deny it."

"Why are you even persistent about knowing it if you already know?" I asked, annoyed.

He smirks.

Next three chapters are already posted on stck me account.

Don't forget to vote and comment.