Chapter 30

Roxanne    

I see some movements through my peripheral vision. I look to the side and see an air hostess passing by me. I abruptly get on my feet, instantly drawing her attention to me as she stops beside Isaac.

I can ask for help from her. I am sure she will help me.    

Before she could look at me, Isaac ordered her, “Bring some light weight food. And make it quick."   

She nods her head in understanding. Isaac's eyes on me as if knowing what I am thinking in my mind and challenging me. His eyes, capturing every movement of me, looking through my soul, creating discomfort in their way. 

She finally turns and starts walking towards me. I look away from Isaac.  

His eyes are waiting for me to see what I will do. She halts in front of me when she sees me standing.   

She asked, “Do you need anything, Mrs Roxanne?"  

I look over at Isaac, from over her shoulders. His head resting on his fisted palm and his face adoring a bored look. I gulp the ball of restlessness.   

Why am I hesitating? I can't hesitate. I shouldn't. I part my lips and instantly his lips twist in a smirk as if knowing what I am trying to say. I look away from him and at the woman who is patiently waiting for me. I again gulp the lump and clench my fist.  

“Y-you have to help me. He…" I clench my eyes shut. It was getting hard to say. His intense eyes were not helping either. I blink my eyes open as I try again, “He raped me, yesterday and this morning too. And now is taking me somewhere forcefully. You have to help me. Please help me." I begged her, finally putting out whatever I could think of.

I was pleased that I could say all that in one breath. Her eyes widen for split seconds but they get back to normal the very next second and if I wasn't looking at her so intently I would have missed it. She looks away as she says.    

“If there is nothing then I will be going, ma'am. Feel free to call me anytime if you need me." She steps to the side to leave.    

What is she saying?    

Instantly I grasped her hand before she could leave. I could feel Isaac's intense eyes on me waiting to see what I am trying to pull.    

I desperately say, “Can't you see this mark?" I point towards my cheek where a slap mark lies. “And these." I point to all over my neck where the evidence of yesterday and this morning lies. Tears brim my eyes. “How can you avoid this? Can't you feel what I am feeling? He fucking RAPED. ME." I shout.    

How can she ignore all this?  

She tries to pull her hand off of my hold.  

“Please ma'am. Leave my hand."   

Tears start falling through my eyes. She is not going to help me. It's helpless to ask for help. Isaac knows that and he's enjoying it. 

Sadistic bastard.  

“Please." I still desperately beg her, thinking she will change her mind. “He will do wr…..agh." I yelp when I get pushed behind at a lightning speed. My back collides with the wall. I open my eyes and they clash with his grey ones. His hand had a firm grip on my neck.   

“Not a word." He slowly spats. I look down, frightened by his eyes. “No one will help you. Get that shit inside your head. No one in their right mind will help you." A sob breaks through my lips. He grabs my chin and tilts my head up. His angry eyes clash with my watered eyes. “Stop crying." He barks, annoyed.