Chapter 4

Flame and I woke up to pounding on the door. I instantly went for the door, but my feet ended up getting tangled in the covers. I went face first to the floor, groaning when I made contact with the carpet. Flame burst out laughing, and opened the door. Fun Ghoul stood there and had a confused look on his face until he saw me on the floor, then he started giggling.

"Shut up," I groaned, "My feet got stuck."

Flame and Ghoul continued to giggle.

"Uh- come down and get some food. Bring your stuff, we're gonna hit the road after that. We're also making a pit stop so you guys can get some guns and other weapons."

I gave a thumbs up from my position on the floor, and Flame shut the door after saying thanks to Fun Ghoul. I lifted myself up off the floor and made my way to the bathroom. I did my business, washed my hands, then splashed water on my face to wake myself up. I then made my way to the clothes that I left in a pile on the floor. I put my gear on, tying my bandana around my neck for now and putting my sunglasses over my eyes.

I shoved my other clothes in my bag quickly and we made our way outside into the heat. We walked into the rec room, the old air conditioning fighting for its life but still making it cool in the room. We each grabbed a can and sat down at the table with the guys.

"So," Party started, "Fun Ghoul probably told you we're stopping to get you guys weapons."

We nodded in response.

"Cool. After that we'll be going to the diner. We're going to chill there for a couple hours and listen for any drac activity going on. If there's not we were thinking of going to The Underground. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good to me," I said, looking over at Flame. She nodded in agreement.

We ate our breakfast then made our way out to the Trans Am. We all threw our bags in the trunk and circled around the car while Kobra made his way to a motor bike. He grabbed a helmet off of the seat that was yellow and said good luck across it.

"Wanna ride with me Ghoul?" asked Kobra Kid.

"Nah, not after last time," Ghoul said, and made his way to the back of the Trans Am.

"What happened last time?" I asked.

"Kobra Kid did a wheelie and scared the shit out of Fun Ghoul," laughed Jet Star. I giggled in return.

"Well someone has to or the backseat will be cramped as hell," Party stated.

"I'll ride with you," Flaming Eagle offered.

Kobra Kid nodded and Jet Star offered his helmet to her. His had a lightning strike along with an air pipe down the side of it.

"Ride safe, see you guys at Jimmy's," Party said and clapped Kobra's back. Party got in the driver's seat, Jet and Ghoul already in the back talking about ninja stars. I got in the passenger seat and Party revved the engine to life. Kobra took off first, Party right behind him. Soon enough we were speeding down the highway.

Party had music blasting from the speakers and the wind whipped through the open windows.

"So I'm curious as to where you guys sleep in the diner. The booths?" I asked.

Party shook his head. "There's a bunker underneath but the doors leading down are disguised as a cellar. There's six rooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room, but we usually hang out in the diner."

"Interesting. The bunker has always been there?"

"Yep, at least as far as I know. Its original purpose was probably for World War 2 and the nuclear scares. Whoever owned that place took really good care of it and maintained it through the years. It was stocked full of non-perishables when we found it, and still is. We went through a good portion of that before we met Tommy though."