Chapter 7

It's been a week of living with the four. From what I gathered, Party Poison is the official- non official- leader. Jet Star is his second-in-command, and I learned he has some expertise in the medical field; though I would use that term loosely. Fun Ghoul is the weapons master, as I figured when I spoke with him about battery bombs. I learned that Kobra Kid is Party's little brother. Kobra can be pretty quiet but he's warmed up to having Flame and I here. I think he's the smartest person I've ever met.

Flame and I have gotten closer as well. Every night when everybody turns in Flame and I will stay up together until the early morning hours.

Since the night at the bar Party and I have acted like nothing was going on. I think we both wanted to blame in on the alcohol.

Currently, Flame and I were out back working on target practice. We made most of our shots, obviously being rusty at first.

"Flame! Bomber!" we heard our names being called.

"Back here!" Flame called back.

Jet Star walked around the building and looked at our handiwork.

"Nice shots." he complimented.

"Thanks," we said in unison. "So what's up?"

"We need to make some runs."

"Where to?" I asked.

"Well we need to make a run to Tommy, and I know you guys need more clothes. We could also restock on batteries for all of our guns."

Flame and I nodded, sticking our guns in our holster and walking to the diner. As we walked inside I saw Kobra, Party, and Ghoul hunched over some maps. They looked up as the glass dor closed behind us.

"Perfect," Party started, "Here's the plan. Kobra is going to ride to Tommy's on his bike, but he needs somebody to go with him. We're going to follow and wait outside the city, while we do that we're going to watch for any drac patrols leaving Battery City. Any that leave we need to report back to Dr. D immediately and he will broadcast that to the Killjoys. When Kobra returns we'll stick the goods in the trunk, which should only be a 30 minute run. After that we will find clothes for Bomber and Flame, go to dead Pegasus and hack the BL/I machine for some batteries. Jet Star is going to stay here and watch the diner while we're gone. Who wants to go with Kobra?"

Flame raised her hand almost immediately. That's something else that's happened over the past week, Flame is fawning over Kobra Kid. She tells me she fell in love with him when he popped a wheelie when we were on our first trip to the diner.

"Okay, it's settled then. Kobra and Flame will make the run, the three of us will watch your backs as you enter the city."

We all dispersed, Kobra and Flame going to his bike. Jet Star gave her his helmet as usual and Kobra fired up his bike. Party and Ghoul sat up front and I got in the back. The Pontiac roared to
life as Party and Jet said a few words.

"Be careful man," Jet said, and patted him on the shoulder.

"Always am brother," Party replied with a smile.

Party and Ghoul put on their masks while I pulled up my bandanna and Jet Star stepped away from the car. Kobra took off, us not far behind him. As usual the music blared through the radio, the guitar belting the intro to the song.

It was pedal to the medal as we sped through the desert, I knew we needed to be precise on our timing so we can miss the morning patrols in that area. Ghoul laughed loudly at something Party said and my attention went back up front. We passed a mile marker that was crossed out and replaced by 'Now entering Zone 5'.