Chapter 11

"Hold it right there!" I exclaimed. I was on the left side of the car, Ghoul on the right, and Jet in the center, holding the rear bumper in place as Ghoul and I hooked it onto the brackets and put in the pins.

We all stepped back and admired the new paint job on the Scatpack. The left side is a swirl of cool colors while the right side is all of the hot colors of the color wheel, symbolic of Flame and I. On the hood is the American widow, like the Trans Am, but white instead. On the driver door I painted a bomb and the right side has an eagle, obviously. And on the rear we painted flames to make it look like it was coming from the exhaust. 

This car is my dream car, my baby. I feel like Party with the Trans Am. Ghoul whistled as he admired the new paint job.

"That looks so badass Bomb. We gonna take it to the bar and show it off?" he asked.

I shrugged, "We're not putting a drunk person behind the wheel of an expensive car I stole off of a dead drac."

"That's fair," he nodded, "I suggest Kobra be our DD!"

"You better take that up with him," I laughed.

He ran off inside, Jet and I following after him. I glanced up at Party, who was sitting on the edge of the roof, drawing in his sketchbook. His sunglasses were perched on his nose, and he pushed them up to his bridge as he slapped the book closed with the other. I could feel his eyes bore into me as I walked through the door Jet was holding open for me. 

I could hear Ghoul bullshitting with Kobra in the diner kitchen and Flame sat in a booth snacking on some crackers and looking out the window. I turned her way and sat across from her, reaching over and stealing a cracker from her plate.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked.

She shrugged and gave me a small smile. "Just thinking about how fast it quieted down out there. Kind of creepy."

I nodded, agreeing with her. "I think this is the quietest it's ever been since I've been out here. Very eerie. They're planning something and I'm nervous."

Flame sighed and pushed the crackers away.

"Let's talk about something else. I hate feeling depressed. I heard Ghoul talking to Kobra about going to the bar," she said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, he's trying to convince him to be the designated driver. I'm not letting a drink person drive my car," I chuckled.

She laughed and started moving from the booth.

"Wanna help me make something for everybody to eat before we go?" Flame asked.

I nodded and scooted out of the booth, following her down into the bunker. We went into the kitchen and she looked in the cupboards while I looked in the fridge.

"Cheese, butter, leftover pasta sauce, beer, miscellaneous condiments. Take your pick," I sighed as I closed the door.

Flame pulled pasta and sauce out of the cabinet and I groaned.

"I'm as sick of pasta as much as I'm sick of Power Pup."

"I know, but it's like all we have besides canned vegetables," she said, grabbing a pot.

She started filling it with water and I started to wander out of the kitchen.

"I thought you were going to help me!" Flame exclaimed.

"I was, but it's a one person job, plus I need to shower! I'm covered in dust and oil and shit!" I retorted.

"Bitch!"

I laughed as I went down the hall to my room. I rifled through the drawers trying to find a decent outfit. I pulled out a band tee that I cut to be a crop top, a pair of daisy dukes, and some thick socks. I knocked the boots off my feet and put my jacket on the bed, also taking off my bandana from my neck and my sunglasses.

I made my way to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. Reaching into the shower, I grabbed the shaving cream and shook it. Just enough for me to shave. I grabbed my razor from underneath the sink and stuck it into the shower, then turned on the faucet. I sung to myself while in the shower and after about 20 minutes I turned the shower off.

I dried off and put on my new clothes. After stealing Party's brush for my rats nest, I grabbed my dirty clothes in my arms and went back to my room. I could hear silverware clinking against bowls, my cue that I need to hurry my ass up. I grabbed my boots and went to put them on but paused, noticing a hole in the sole of my combat boot. I pouted and tossed it off to the side, but got excited when I pulled out the new pair of boots from our last run.

I grabbed the black cowgirl boots, giddy inside that I was able to find a black pair. I shoved them on my feet and stood, making sure they were comfortable. Satisfied, I put on my sunglasses and tied my bandana around my neck, then grabbed my jacket and left the room. I had to walk past the doorway to the living room on the way to the kitchen, and when I did I heard a "God damn!"

I rolled my eyes at Fun Ghoul's comment, but smiled. I was used to them by now. He isn't even into me like that, he just likes hyping me up. I grabbed myself a serving and made my way to everybody in the living room. I sat on the arm of the couch and started eating my food.

"Are those your new boots? I'm so jealous, I should have grabbed them before you did," Flame teased. I launched a couch pillow at her and flipped her the bird.

"Yes they are. And thanks, I know, they're gorgeous. Too bad this is the desert and they'll be destroyed soon," I dulled.

"Don't gotta be a party pooper," she mumbled. 

I stuck my tongue out at her and she giggled. I finished my food, Party offering to take my bowl into the kitchen. I handed it to him, the tips of our fingers brushing on the bottom of the bowl. The electricity was there, making my fingertips feel like they were buzzing after he pulled away.

You gonna make a move tonight? Flame mouthed to me

Am I?

I glanced to the kitchen just as he walked out and thought about it for a second. Last time at the bar he was all eyes, and I loved it. I loved the feeling I got when I know he's staring at me.

I nodded, if he doesn't, I will.