Chapter 9

I woke up to a cup of coffee being set on the table by my head. I groaned and opened my eyes slightly, seeing a mop of black hair above me. I stretched and accepted the cigarette being offered to me, as well as the cup of coffee. I sat up and took a sip, sighing contently.

"Hope you slept well on this shitty couch," Ghoul said, taking a set at the end of the couch I was on.

"Well, considering I used to literally sleep on a floor, this is perfect," I chuckled.

Ghoul and I shared the cigarette until it was out. Party came out of his room halfway through and started making breakfast for the crew. Pancakes, my favorite. Obviously from the box.

I stood up and folded the blankets, tossing them over the back of the couch, setting the pillow on top of them. I grabbed my almost empty coffee and went to the kitchen to get a refill.

"Good morning," Party greeted. "Sorry for waking you up last night, but you looked so uncomfortable."

"No, it's okay! I appreciate it, really. That was kind of you," I smiled.

I walked around him and refilled my cup of coffee, snatching a pancake off the plate as I walked away.

"Who said you have first dibs?" Party asked, a smirk on his face.

"I always have first dibs," I called over my shoulder.

I walked to my room, hearing Flame and Grace laughing from inside her room. I went in and shut the door, going to the dresser and pulling out some clothes for the day. I opted for my purple frayed shorts and a black distressed crop top. I put on my thick socks and my boots, after that grabbing my new jacket as well as my new purple bandanna and aviators.

With my free hand I picked up my coffee cup and went back to the living room. I tossed my stuff in my arms on the table and joined every one in the kitchen to get some breakfast.

After breakfast Party, Grace, and I all piled into the Trans Am and made our way to Dr. Death's station, listening to his broadcast on his way there.

"Careful out there Killjoys, Zones 1 through 5 are crawling with those BL bastards today. If you get in a clash, watch your back, and die with your mask on if you have to. Dr. Death-Defying out."

Music followed the transmission and I swallowed hard. My fingers wrapped around the handle of my gun even harder, this was the first day that BL/Ind was truly out in the zones since Flame and I escaped, but even then there wasn't patrols almost to Zone 6. Dr. D's base was far out into Zone 6, going North East. It was the safest possible place for him to make his broadcasts since SCARECROW units and dracs never come out this far.

Obviously today was a different story.

The engine roared as Party accelerated to get us there faster. I kept my eye sharp around me, constantly looking in the rear view for any vehicle's following us. I looked back at the girl in the backseat and gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled shyly at me and I turned back around in the passenger seat.

We made is to Dr. D's without any run-in's, thank God. We looked around us before booking it into his hideout, Show Pony holding the door for us. He shut it once we were all inside and we made our way to Dr. D's office.

"Party Poison! Blind Bomber! Welcome, please sit," he greeted once we entered.

We sat on the couch ad he rolled away from his broadcasting station, coming to sit by us.

"You must be Grace," he said to the girl, and held his hand out to her.

She looked at me with wide eyes and I nodded, then she shook his hand.