Chapter 12

I rolled over in my bed and groaned. I had a splitting migraine and the room was rotating, I was still drunk. I stuck my foot out of my bed and placed it flat on the floor to ground myself. Cracking my eye open, I glance around the room, noticing the door cracked open and spilling in light from the hallway.

I heard voices coming from the front of the bunker. How long did I sleep for? I decided I should try to get up. Dragging myself up, I made sure both feet were flat before I stood. The room stilled for a moment but everything felt slow motion. I sighed and stood up, dragging myself to the light. I had to squint my eye and cover it as I walked towards whoever was awake.

I saw Flame, Ghoul, and Party sitting in the room.

"What part of the day is it?" I asked.

"More like night," Ghoul giggled. "You went to bed like an hour ago."

"No shit? I was wondering why I felt drunk still."

Flame laughed and I sat down on one of the arm chairs, pulling my legs to my body. Ghoul extended his arm and offered his beer over to me.

"Best way to cure a hangover is to stay drunk," he said.

"Wise words of wisdom, but we're Killjoys. I still need to be on my shit," I retorted, but took the beer from him anyways.

I took a few gulps before handing the can back to him, then Flame passed me a lit cigarette. I puffed on it as our transmitter cracked to life.

"Keep running."

My blood ran cold as the familiar voice came through. Our heads whipped to the transmitter, back to each other, and back to the transmitter again.

"Was that-" Flame began.

"Yes." I cut her short.

We all moved at the same time. My drunk legs were wobbling as I raced to my room to grab my gun, quickly shoving my bare feet into my cowgirl boots. Party banged on Kobra's door, trying to wake him up. I raced past him and up the bunker stairs, tripping over my feet as I scrambled towards the door. I put the code in wrong the first two times but managed to get it on the third try. Ghoul and Flame were hot on my tail as we raced into the diner and out the front door.

"Jet! Jet Star!!" I yelled into the desert, beelining for the roof ladder.

I climbed up two of the metal bars before my foot slipped and landed a blow to my shin. I hissed in pain but continued up the ladder.

"What? What's wrong Bomb?!"

"We got a transmission. From Korse. We need to get the fuck out of here," I panted.

His eyes widened and he started to scramble as well. We both came around the front of the building and saw Flame and Ghoul throwing supplies into the trunk of the Scatpack. I joined in to help and Jet ran into the diner. A few minutes later Party, Kobra, and Jet sprinted out of the diner carrying bags full of stuff, also thrown into the trunk.

"Where do we go?" I asked aloud.

"The motel?" Ghoul suggested.

Party shook his head. "We frequent there too much. It's too obvious."

"Well there's not many places to go, this is a desert for crying out loud."

"Then what the fuck do we do?"

I saw the flash before hearing the loud BOOM! My attention immediately turned to the North, the direction of Battery City witnessing what looked like an explosion. Immediately, I'm thrown into a flashback as I witness a plume of smoke rise into the air.