Chapter 2

It was just past midday, and Flame and I were making our way down the highway at a steady pace. We were playing Eye Spy.

"I spy with my one little eye, something... Red," I said, purposely, looking the opposite way of the answer.

"Cactus flower, too easy. I spy with my little eye... a... a car?!" Flame exclaimed.

She was right, dust getting kicked up from behind it. They were approaching fast. All of a sudden, I was in a bush.

"Ugh, Flame, what the hell?!"

"Shut the fuck up! They're slowing down," Flame whispered.

A minute later the rumble from the car stopped by the bush we were in. The doors opened and I heard two men bickering.

"Party, I swear to god I saw two people walking."

I peeked towards the voices and saw a man with black hair and a man with bright red hair.

"Ghoul, you've gone mad. Do you have sun poisoning? I didn't see anybody."

"I'm not crazy Party. Let's look around for them. We just lost three people, we need them on our team!"

I shook my head and looked over to Flame. She shrugged. I decided I was going to stand up, these men seemed like the opposite of danger. I walked out of the dead bushes with my hands up.

"Looking for me, boys?"

They both turned their heads, and I saw both of them reach for their guns.

"Don't shoot, I'm unarmed!" I exclaimed. "We're unarmed, I should say."

Flame then stood from the bush and walked forward, her hands also in the air.

"I told you there were people walking," teased the man with black hair.

"Ghoul, shut the fuck up please."

"I overheard you guys say you needed some people. We need people as well," I said, trying to negotiate. Their hands were still over their guns.

The man named Party moved his hand when he noticed I was uncomfortable. Ghoul did as well.

"We do. Is it just you two?" asked Party. I nodded. "I'm Party Poison, this is Fun Ghoul. We're a part of a group of four."

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Blind Bomber and she's Flaming Eagle," I reached my hand out, going for a hand shake.

Party took my hand and shook it, my eyes meeting his through his sunglasses. I let go of his hand, immediately feeling like I got electrocuted. I then went to shake Fun Ghoul's hand.

"Let's get your stuff in the trunk and we'll go to the motel where you can meet the rest of the guys. Actually - before we do that. I need to know you're a real killjoy," stated Party.

I took down my bandanna and lifted my sunglasses, revealing what was underneath. The large, nasty scar from my eyebrow down to my cheekbone, and a neat little K was carved right next to it.

"Holy..."

It was silent for a second.

"Korse did that?" Party asked.

"Yes he did," I nodded.

He went silent again for another moment.

"Well, let's get in the car and radio the guys. Ghoul, tell them we picked up two new recruits and that we should be back by dark. We need to make a pitstop to the dead pegasus as well," said Party.

"Roger that."

Party went to the back of the Pontiac and unlocked the trunk. Flame and I tossed our bags into the trunk before getting into the car. Party jammed the keys in the ignition and the Trans Am growled to life. All of a sudden loud and fast music poured from the speakers, Party and Ghoul banging their heads to the noise.

"Let's fuckin' Party!"