Chapter 10

The tow truck showed up after dark with the Trans Am tarped up on the flatbed. I was elbow deep under the hood, triple checking for any hidden trackers. The front bumper was tossed off to the side, and Party Poison and I planned on painting the car tomorrow. The guys had a fire going, while Flame brought out some hot dogs for us to roast over the fire. Jet Star walked up to the tow truck driver and told him where to put the car, then followed him and continued to chat and joke around. 

I pulled myself from the front of the car, covered in dust, grease, and everything else. My poor, purple shorts were stained to all hell. The last thing I planned to do to this car was jack it up and check underneath it. I made my way to the back of the diner over by Kobra's bike and grabbed the jack stand, dragging it over to the right side of the car, then placing it underneath and lifting the car. I watched Ghoul make his way over to me.

The all too familiar skunky smell made it's presence and I chuckled to myself.

"Looks like you could use this right about now," he offered, extending his arm out to me.

I nodded in agreement and accepted the joint. I glanced down before hitting it, and then furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Ghoul, is this a book page?" I asked.

"It's only a bible page! It's thin like a rolling paper, you gotta do what you gotta do," he exclaimed, defending himself.

I tossed my head back in laughter. "If I get lung cancer from the ink on the pages it's your fault," I giggled, but hit it anyways.

"Hey, we'll have lung cancer together at least," he said, and I just shook my head in response.

I hit it a few more times before grabbing my piece of cardboard from the desert floor, a.k.a. my makeshift floor pad. I tossed it in front of me and laid on it, scootching myself back under the car. I started running my hand on the frame, in the wheel well, I stuck my fingers into any small areas. I felt nothing, and saw no chords, so I stretched my hands out from under the car for Ghoul to grab. He grabbed them and pulled me outwards, and then pulled me up, but instead of Fun Ghoul I was met with the familiar red head.

I stared at him in shock, Ghoul was literally just here, I didn't even hear him walk away.

"Ghoul was just- how did- what?" I rambled.

Party smiled and let go of my hands, then gestured his head to the tow truck driver.

"He's being a good host. That driver is a good friend of ours, his name is Phoenix."

I looked over to the three as they helped unload the car. They laughed and passed around the bible-joint. I lowered the car and started to pull the jack out, but Party grabbed onto the pole.

"I can take it. Did you find anything?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, nothing besides getting dirty."

Party smirked, "I like a girl that gets dirty."

My face instantly flushed, my mind going straight in the gutter. Hoping he couldn't see the redness on my face, I walked up to him but kept myself at about arms reach. 

"Wanna see how dirty I can get?" I asked and looked up to him.

He opened his mouth, about to answer, but instead I hear Flame's loud mouth instead, "Foods done!"

I bit my lip and started to back away, but Party quickly caught my arm. I saw him glance over at everybody going to crowd the fire and grab some food. He pulled me to him, trapping our arms between our bodies.

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my fucking God. The heat coming off his body is like a radiator, I can smell the fire on him mixed with other things. He bent his head down to be near my ear.

"You're playing with fire now," he murmured.

"Maybe I want to be burnt," I replied. 

He pulled back and I looked at his eyes, his pupils dilated. 

Holy shit, I feel like I'm going to explode. I need to get out of here.

To end things on a lighter note, I took my free hand, booped him on the nose, and left a black mark there. I pulled myself free from his grasp and made my way to the car, where my jacket was sitting. I shrugged it on, and glanced back at Party to see him watching me. I grabbed the car key out of my pocket, made sure it was locked, and gave a finger-wave to Party as I walked towards the fire and food.

I grabbed a stick that held two hot dogs and took a seat next to Ghoul. He introduced me to Phoenix and we talked for a while. Party was last to join for dinner, and he opted to sit opposite of me, next to Kobra Kid. Stories were shared but eventually it was late enough and the fire needed to be extinguished. Phoenix left in his truck and we all made our way inside. I made a beeline for the bathroom so I could wash all of the grime off of myself before bed.

I took a quick ten minute shower before wrapping my hair and body in a towel. I peeked out to see if anybody was out. The coast was clear so I held my towel in one hand and dirty clothes in the other, and went to my bedroom. Opening the door, and turning on the light, I nearly had a heart attack seeing somebody chilling in my bed.

"Flame, oh my God, why were you sitting here in the dark for?"

She stood up as fast as lightning and cornered me.

"I need to know what the fuck happened between you and Party."

I rolled my eyes and tried to play it cool. "What are you talking about?" I felt a pinch on my thigh. "Ow Flame!"

"Don't play dumb! You're supposed to tell me everything!"

"Okay, long story short he asked if I found any trackers. I said no, I only got dirty. He said I like a girl that can get dirty, then I said wanna see how dirty I can get? Then he grabbed me- not hard- and said you're playing with fire and I said what if I want to get burnt? Then you," I poked her, "Interrupted with dinner."

Flame's jaw was practically on the floor. "Are you gonna fuck him?"

"Flaming Eagle!" I exclaimed.

"Blind Bomber, that man radiates sex around you, he wants you," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

But I couldn't disagree, because she's right, and I want him.

"I don't want a relationship," I sighed, finally going to put on some pajamas.

"Ever hear of friends with benefits?" she asked.

I shook my head, "Somebody always catches feelings."

"It could be a good thing. At least do it once," she suggested.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Goodnight Flame, we all got shit to do tomorrow."

"Goodnight Bomb. I hope you have the sweetest dreams tonight."

I threw my pillow at her and she left with a giggle. I grabbed the pillow, turned out the light, and laid in bed. Party and I's conversation fresh on my mind. I was tingling. My body wanted him, so, so bad, but my head won't let me. I shoved the pillow over my face and groaned into it, before turning on my side for a restless sleep ahead.