16: "A house with an esper, a spy, an assassin, and an SSS officer"

"I didn't know you were visiting!" Yor happily said and threw herself in the embrace of her younger brother.

"That's what you call a surprise, Nee-chan," Yuri replied and smiled. His eyes then darted towards Loid who smiled at him. He only nodded in response. "Plus, I'm here to visit chihuahua girl and (L/N). It's been a long time since that happened."

"Sorry to disturb your little chitchat but dinner's ready!"

Once the whole family settled on the table, they left the previous topic they were talking about and opened random topics. But, it was mostly about Anya being picked as one of the representatives of their year level for the Arts category of the Festival of Talents in Eden. The dinner was lively and you can say the picture of a perfect family. When the dinner ended, (Y/N) accompanied Anya to wash herself and put the little girl to sleep.

After getting back to the living room to help the Forger couple set out drinks for them, she couldn't help but notice how Yuri's eyes were meticulously looking at every corner of the house. It was as if he was looking for something.

"Thank you, (L/N)," Yuri said after the teen placed the bottle of wine on the table.

"You can go rest now, (Y/N)-chan! We've already taken your time from studying," Yor said, fondly smiling at her.

"It's okay. I'm just doing my job! If you need anything, I'll be in my room," the teen said and was about to step out when Yuri called for her.

"I have a question."

It has been weeks since the hijacking happened, but the headquarters were acting as if nothing happened. As if Twilight wasn't right under their noses when they did the whole operation. He then thought, who the hell is the mastermind behind all this that it even got the prideful SSS Officers to shut up about it. They even got the guts to ignore the case of chihuahua girl! I didn't become part of the SSS just to ignore a criminal who almost got my sister's family in danger!

(Y/N) tilted her head in confusion. "What is it?"

"Did the SSS come to ask you questions?"

Now that I think about it...They never went here and only questioned me only that day. (Y/N)'s eyes widened. "No, they haven't... That's weird," she speaks out.

Twilight's eyes widened a fraction. He was so caught up with the mystery of (Y/N), Lucas, the (L/N)s, and the secret lab of the Desmonds that he didn't notice the obvious in front of him. His eyes then settled on Yuri's expression. Why is he asking such questions if he is the SSS? Something must've happened inside.

"Oh! Sorry for asking, I was just curious because it looks like the case isn't moving much! I mean, the news outlet looked like it had also forgotten what just happened!" Yuri said with a carefree tone but Twilight noticed the frustration and bitterness underneath it.

Ah, he must be having a hard time with SSS. Especially if someone is sabotaging the details that would point to the Desmonds.

"Okay. I'll be in my room then."

Yor followed the teen's movement with a solemn expression. Hey, (Y/N), can you hear me? (Y/N) reached her door and closed it. Maybe she hasn't controlled her powers, yet. I still have time.

Classes were mostly canceled the next day due to registration and tryouts for the Festival of Talents. Demetrius was locked up in the SC office due to meetings and tending to the needs of different departments. After conversing with the Arts department after submitting the list of students participating under their category, he sighed for the nth time. And when he thought he could finally catch his breath, there was a knock on his door.