2: Hating Carrots

How do you even get scores like this?!

(Y/N) was horrified.

Astonished.

Frightened.

Petrified.

She scanned one test paper and then turned to another, her expression not leaving one second but only getting worse. "This has to be a joke, right?"

Loid did not answer and continued drinking his coffee, not even looking in her direction.

"Mr. Forger? A joke, right?" The teen gave him a tight smile as if telling him to give her the answers she wants to hear.

Loid only sighed and set the mug down on the table.

The two were in the living room, talking about Anya and her weak subjects, which is every subject existing in the Eden College curriculum except Classical Language.

The head of the family thought that maybe (Y/N) can help Anya have an effective study method and give advice when memorizing or studying in general seeing as she is an intelligent being.

When asked about this, (Y/N) thought that Loid just wants Anya to be more intelligent compared to the rest of her class. Be more advanced because it is tough to be noticed in Eden College because everyone there is smart and gifted. So, she agreed without knowing that much about Anya's life as a student.

"She actually improved compared to when she was in first grade." SO THIS WAS NOT HER WORST SCORE?! "Anya is a bright kid but has a hard time focusing when it comes to studying," Loid calmly explained then looked at the teen next to her. "Are you okay?" He asked noticing that she was snapped out of her horrifying world and is now in a trance.

Instead of answering, (Y/N) quietly stood and collected all the papers spread out on the table. She bowed in Loid's direction before going inside her room, the test papers still in her embrace. The door closing was the only thing Loid heard from her.

"Maybe I should give her some space?" He chuckled to himself remembering the expression of the girl.

Speaking of (Y/N), he already talked to Handler about his plan, and she agreed. Maybe because she, no, WISE was desperate to increase the pace of the mission seeing how it's already been a year since the start of Operation Strix. The start of the existence of the Forger Family.

And since the go signal, (Y/N)(L/N) moved in last Friday (she received the mail from Twilight exactly nine days after the interview) and started working as a maid. Yor and Loid didn't have trouble explaining things to her and with her schedule regarding her school.

Her tasks weren't heavy as the teenager thought she would have. Instead of being a maid, it looked like she applied for the position of the older sister of Anya Forger. This wasn't a problem as the two got along pretty quickly as they found out that both of them loathe carrots.

The discovery caused them to ally to secretly dump the carrots in the plastic bag that (Y/N) put between them. No one suspected a thing. (The couple certainly saw everything.)

Despite the sunshine and rainbows, in the back of (Y/N)'s mind, suspicion lingers. From the information she gathered from the girl she talked to about this job, it looked like the couple was set forth to look for someone who can protect their daughter. She knew one of the reasons she got accepted was her intelligence and athletic skills (which she was tested by Yor herself the day before Y/N moved in the apartment), but why do they exactly need someone to protect Anya from physical danger? Is it because they have an overprotective syndrome or was there something more?