12: Secrets in the Open

At the very start of this fic, I strayed from the original timeline and storyline, and it will continue to do so. Expect that some characters and details from the manga/anime will not be included. Plot twists that may be included here WILL NOT BE BASED on what is currently happening in the Spy x Family universe. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been four days since (Y/N) went back to school. During those days, she ignored Demetrius and made sure to annoy him to the core. It was her way of keeping the guy away from her and seeing if something from her memories would be triggered. So far, there were none aside from the dreams she's been getting. In those dreams, she didn't see anyone but only a white ceiling. The only thing helpful was the voices she heard. And it always included Donovan Desmond's name. She also figured that those dreams weren't ordinary as it was fragments of memories back when she was still a child.

"Subject 0003," the teen muttered while sitting on her bed.

(Y/N) just woke up from her 'dream'. After calming herself down, her eyes went to the letter and the container that came along it.

Of course, she still communicates with her family. After the incident, the letters have become frequent instead of the normal one letter per month. It was mostly from her parents expressing their worries about her well-being.

'To our (Y/N),

How have you been feeling? I hope you're not pushing yourself too much, mentally and physically. Your father and I understand that you value your academics but you should also take a break, especially now. Put your health above everything, okay?

Speaking of health, I think your vitamins have already run out, so I sent another container of them. Make sure to take it every day so you can get better faster!

We love you,

(M/N)'

Since sleep seems to be impossible to do now, (Y/N) decided to put the vitamins in the medicine cabinet. Walking outside her room, she walked towards the cabinet. Before putting the container, she took a glance at the vitamins.

Who knew that simple action would trigger something in her memory?

"Shhh, it's okay, just drink this and everything will quiet down, okay?"
"That's Mama's good girl, stop crying now, okay?"

On a random 3 AM of a Friday, everything completely changed.

It was wrong to be suspicious of your parents but what else can she do? Her past was haunting her. A past that seems her parents were trying to hide from her.

Retrieving the container from the cabinet, she went to the bathroom and emptied it into the toilet before flushing it down. Of course, she took three tablets for laboratory examination but the rest were flushed down. Something about the fact that a full container of whatever drug was near her was making her anxious.

Tomorrow, she'll go to pharmacies to look for these vitamins and ask what are its benefits and side effects. But for now, she won't be taking any medicine sent to her by her parents.

If she is being paranoid about those memories from the past, then not taking those vitamins won't cause her harm, right?

But that was when things took a wrong turn.

Normally, (Y/N) would wake up from the sound of her alarm clock.

I'm still tired! Ugh, I don't want to go to school today.
I wish everyone in that place would just disappear.
Coffee sounds like a great way to start the day.
Geez, I hope the teacher won't find out I was the one who broke the principal's vase!