11: Questions and Mysteries

Everyone has something that they regret doing in their life. They regret doing some things they did or not doing things when they had the chance to do so. No one can avoid such circumstances, most certainly not even the great Eden Scholars.

The four regret going to (Y/N)'s house on Monday instead of Tuesday, which is tomorrow. They also regretted not going directly to the apartment from school right after dismissal. They just had to go and eat some fast food and bring some takeouts for their friend. That's better than suddenly barging in and not bringing anything, right?

"You guys are also here for (Y/N)?" asked Demetrius.

"Well, I do know that it's not because of you," Hiro whispered, making Cleo pinch his side.

"Yeah," replied Luthor to Demetrius.

Before Lynn could join the conversation, the other side of the black car opened revealing the younger Desmond.

Wow, thank the Lord we're going to endure breathing with two Desmonds in one afternoon. So fun! Thought Cleo.

"Right, this is my younger brother, Damian," the older Desmond introduced.

Damian bowed a little at them, the group responded the same.

"Let's go?" Lynn suggested before an uncomfortable silence stretched.

"He's the one who got punched, right?" Cleo whispered to Lynn.

"I guess so," Lynn replied, her eyes glued to the little Desmond. "If I remember correctly, (Y/N) said the little girl she's taking care of was the culprit."

"Really?!" Cleo whispered back. The two were now trailing behind the group, continuing their gossip. "So we'll also meet her today?"

Lynn nodded. "That kid got some balls, girl!"

When they reached the floor of the Forgers, Cleo was the one who knocked on the door. They heard some moving on the other side before the door opened.

"(Y/N)!" Lynn exclaimed before jumping to hug the teen. "We were so worried about you! Are you feeling okay now? You can tell me anything!" Lynn dragged (Y/N) inside as if she was the one who lived in the apartment. Cleo followed closely.

"Your sister has thick skin, huh," Hiro whispered to Luthor. The latter glared at his comment before following the two Desmonds.

"Ooh! Looks like we have visitors!" Yor said as she exited Anya's room. The pinkette perked up hearing what her Ma said making her peek. Anya's eyes widened seeing Damian awkwardly looking at every corner of their tiny home hugging different brands of peanuts.

"Sy-on boy!"

(Y/N)'s smile slowly faded and finally looked behind the crowd of her friends. There stand the Desmond brothers, wearing their usual expression.

Why are they here?

Anya, who was about to hug Damian, stopped in her tracks and looked at the teen with wide eyes. She couldn't believe that her (Y/N)nee-chan was angry at the two!

Desmonds...

Yor thought with spite which made the pinkette even more curious. Why was everyone in her family angry at Sy-on boy and his brother?!

"Ah, I didn't think that you would visit, Double D," said (Y/N) with a small smile.

"What made you think that? My rival faced a traumatizing event, I'm not that heartless, (Y/N)," Demetrius replied.

"Is it just me or did the atmosphere tense?" whispered Cleo. Lynn and Luthor elbowed her making her shut up.

"Why don't you guys sit in the living room while I prepare drinks and the food you brought while you talk? Hmm?"