3: Witches

"You said you know how to solve this, right?! Nee-chan!"

The older girl held her head high and smirked at her, "Of course! I'm not part of the debate team and a special class for nothing!"

"Then solve it!" Anya shoved the remote to her belly making (Y/N) wince a little.

"Yeah, but genius people also need help! I can't do this alone, Anya-chan!"

"Then... Anya will do her best!"

The two's attention was back on the television after it made certain sounds. Unlike before, the circles reduced their numbers to only one. On the upper right corner appeared the number 5:00 then a box emerged on the screen.

𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚕𝚎. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝟻 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚔.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖆𝖘𝖐 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓 𝖎𝖓...

3

2

1

"What do they mean by number? I don't see any number on the screen!" Blurted the teenager as she blinked rapidly.

"WHAT?!" The little esper fell to her knees.

"Do you see the numbers well, Anya-chan?!" Someone give me a scholarship for this top tier acting. 

"Yes! But I don't know what the 'inteyiryor' of the circle is!" Anya's lower lip started to tremble and her eyes started to water. "Sorry, Anya is being stupid and useless again... Now people are going to get hurt..."

Or maybe not. Shit, I may have forgotten that I'm literally talking to a freaking child! And not my stupidly childish yet genius of a little brother.

The rambling in the teenager's mind was not noticed by the little girl, who continued to sulk.

"Uh... Don't worry Anya-chan! Like I said! I'll help you!" Said (Y/N). "You see the numbers on the screen, right?"

The girl nodded, wiping her tears and looking at the TV. Numbers were being flashed in different places but disappeared after a few seconds.

"Now, I want you to look at the number inside the circle. Only on the inside. It can be in different places but not outside of the circumference! I'll list down the numbers!"

Now I remember why I thought of this scenario. It's to put her imaginative mind to good use. Her right side of the brain would help her left side in memorizing and understanding things under pressure.

And if this doesn't work... I will have to quit. I can't believe I made a child cry! I'm such a terrible individual! And if it does work, I will apologize and approach it differently. This is why I should plan thoroughly and not rush things to my liking.

Anya, too focused on the screen, once again, didn't hear the teen's thoughts.

Inside the circle... Inside the circle...

"It's 15 and 14!"

2:01

The timer stopped at that time after Anya said the two numbers.

"Good job, Anya-chan! I knew you would get it right! Who said you're stupid?! Punch them if they say such things!"

I already did that last year to Damian...