9: The Civil Servant, Psychiatrist, And Clerk To The Rescue

Warning: The scenes in this chapter have violence in them, although not very detailed. Mostly, there are fight scenes here. Again, not detailed much.

Because of the slow pace of Operation Strix, Agent Twilight took advantage of the thin connection of (Y/N) and the eldest Desmond, Demetrius, at hand.

A fact about Eden College is that they don't accept students to enroll in the school at the higher year levels. The only way you could get a spot on the senior grade level was when you had studied at Eden since year 1. So, targeting Demetrius was out of the option to know where Donovan was. 

Thus Anya's involvement in the scene. She'll be the one who'll make a connection to Damian Desmond, the youngest in the family. But they have already moved to year 2, and still, no progress. 

Twilight didn't know if he should be thankful that nothing had happened yet or be scared because if it took this long to plot the war, how big would it be? 

So, when (Y/N) entered their apartment to be Anya's maid; he saw another way to connect with Desmond. It was evident that Demetrius was the more favored son. And if these two teens constantly battle for achievements, there's a possibility that Donovan would appear in the after-party of tournaments or during the contest to show support. 

And then another door opened. Who would've thought that the girl already held an opportunity to be closer to Demetrius? Seeing the Eden Scholarship made it feel like the end was near. 

Twilight knew that he was getting closer. He just got too caught up with that idea that he forgot that the more he gets closer, he's also reducing the chances of not revealing himself to the enemy. And it also means exposing his pawns in the game. 

"Breaking News! Eden College School bus was hijacked at a bus stop at [road name]. Currently, the local police are in touch with Eden College and the State Security Service to save at least fifteen students on the bus. Police say the hijacker has no definite route and did the crime to look for some release."

"We are live on air, witnessing the chase between the Eden College school bus and the State Security Service..."

"Eden College is under fire for allegedly not giving the students, who are part of the marginalized sector, the same level of security they give to students who have established parents."

The news spread in under a minute after the police tipped the media. The same goes for the one who is the head of Operation STRIX, Agent Twilight. Wearing the disguise he supposedly needed to complete a mission, he drove across the road, not minding the accidents or the enforcers that might chase him after. Not when Anya and (Y/N) were inside that school bus.

As he drove and followed the route of the school bus, some of the Agents from WISE went undercover as detectives to gather information about the hijacker.

(Y/N), I'll trust you to keep yourselves safe. Please, wait for me.

Meanwhile, Thorn Princess has not yet received any information about Anya and (Y/N). She was given a new mission about a smuggling pharmacist dropping illegal chemicals at a closed-off building. Once the pharmacist drops off the products, then gets picked up by a member of an international mafia. The transaction has been ongoing since the Desmond Group took over Glooman Pharmaceuticals. 

Yor was already waiting in the apartment. So far, nothing could be heard to suggest another human being was lingering in the place. She started to look for clues to the organization, assuming the members might have left clues for her. Her lips kept repeating the same name since she received the call from The Garden.

"Desmond," she mutters again. 

Funny how she knows three people who have that name. Two entered her house. One became her friend.