Chapter - 29

Akshara's pov:

It's 10 am. and I'm still lying on the floor thinking about how I should get things done. I want to fix it but I don't have any clue on where to start. I can't call Arjun because I can bear the embarrassment of what Mini did. I also don't have the courage to speak to him, not now. It leaves me with no choice but to have a chat with Harshad. I only have a day to connect the pieces and I can't afford to be picky at this time.

I gently stood up, supporting my body by grabbing things that can help me lift it up. I will try to meet Harshad if it's okay. this is an important matter to me and I hope he's willing to listen even if this will turn out to be some sort of a bullshit made-up story for others.

I grabbed my phone and called his number.

Harshad speaking I still have stuff to do or probably away for a while so please if you may, leave your message after the beep.

His voicemail sounded after a few rings. I can't reach him with this but I'll leave a few parts of my message in the mail so he'll know about what I am in a rush for. I need to explain things in person but this is the first step that I should do in case he checks his mails.

Hi Harshad, Akshara here. I'm sorry for what happened the other night, I got lost in control of my own mind and things were just heavy for me. I know you might probably say that I am insane or what but the alternate universe thing that I once told you? I experienced it and just to let you know, 1 badly wanna talk to you about it please. I don't have someone to speak my thoughts with and I know you're busy right now but I'll appreciate it if you say yes, uhh that's it I guess.

I will be more than glad if he'll agree with my idea of talking down things with him. I can't explain the things that I want bit by bit in that mail but I hope he'll still listen. It's hard for me to swallow up my pride and try to act like nothing happened just because I am in need of his sympathy. It's hurting my ego but at least I tried.

This problem of mine actually is preferable to be talked about with my family but when these unusual things happened, they weren't here to witness it so I think they can still figure out the answer and also, I don't want to bother them anymore. My parents are working their bones to support us, I don't want to be another problem for them. My brother is still studying too and maybe he's stressed from school related stufts so I better not disturb him for my own sake.

*sigh*

The clock continues ticking but I haven't received any messages from Harshad. I probably messed him up and he doesn't want to talk to me anymore but this is the last time that I'll bother him and I hope he'll understand it. Harshad is the only person who has a duplicate in Mini's world that's why I am trying to get clues through him, if there is any. There are also people in there whose faces are familiar yet I can't distinguish who they are, so Harshad is the only one that will probably lead me to the answer:

I swept the curtains to the side only to find out that it was raining hard outside. A bad timing it is but I've got no other choice other than this. I couldn't let an hour pass by without nothing to do so I'll push through it, I'll go to the agency.

I picked myself up, taking the umbrella with me as I staggered on my way outside. I don't have much time to cover myself up and I don't know what other people would think of me but I need to see Harshad asap.

I started to walk outside of the house only with an umbrella covering me from the wild pouring of the rain. It's almost as if I dont have it because I'm still getting getting drenched plus the wind's blowing eagerly that my umbrella flipped on its back, causing me to get soak in the heavy rainfall.

It's the desperateness that's fueling the fire within me to still continue my way to the agency while it looks like its storming outside making my injuries sting from the contact of the rain. It's cold, freezing cold while I wobble in the streets in my pajamas.

I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from breaking down in tears while I imagine how I look helpless in the street. My thigh started to twinge that I came into a short stop to let the pain ease for a while. It stings so much that I can't take any further steps towards where I want to go. I'm standing still, stuck in the lamp post holding it's body for a support as rain still pours heavily into my skin. There are no other people passing in the streets that I am currently walking at and there's no one to witness how I curl up in pain, surrendering from everything I've been through.

I've had enough of everything I wish I could just disappear all of a sudden so as this pain I'm feeling right now but I couldnt just stay here without a fight. I need to talk to her.

I'm just two more blocks away from the agency and I probably can still try to walk in a slow pace just to reach it. I can do this.

--------------------------------------------------------

Harshad's POV:

We took another scene without me and Karishma having much of a conversation, I know it will be awkward for her but this is work and we should stay professional in dealing with our work and personal lives.

An hour break is set because of the heavy rainfall that's taking over the audio and will probably make us inaudible throughout the scene if we push through. I took my phone to scroll on some things just to kill sometime when I saw a call notification followed by a voicemail.

It was from Akshara.

I was busy filming so I didn't have the time to check on my phone. I wonder what he's up to this time?

Hi Harshad, Akshara here. I'm sorry for what happened the other night. I got lost in control of my own mind and things were just heavy for me. I know you might probably say that I am insane or what but the alternate universe thing that I once told you? I experienced it and just to let you know, I badly wanna talk to you about it please. I don't have someone to speak my thoughts with and I know you're busy right now but I'll appreciate it if you'll say yes, uhh that's it I guess.

What? What is she talking about? She did experience that universe thing she mentioned before? 1- wow I don't have anything to say but right now, I know she needs my presence because from the sound of her voice, it's like she's about to cry.

I excused myself from the set and luckily, they all agreed but I must be back after. I grabbed my keys and went into the garage to drive all the way to their house. Hang on Princess, I'm coming.

I passed the agency and was a few blocks further when I saw a girl sitting beside the lamp post, still in pajamas and is soaking wet from the still heavy rainfall. I slowed my driving down because the posture and everything is familiar to me, Her arms are covered in bruises, contrasting the color of her skin as her head rests in her knees.

She raised her head up and the moment I saw her face, it was like I was struck by an enormous lightning I opened the door immediately and rushed towards her. I dont care if I get soaked and I don't care if I get sick from this anymore. No words can explain the thoughts running in my mind as 1 scanned her whole being covered in bruises and is looking like a mess under the rain.

"H-Harshad, you came" her voice cracked from crying

"Akshara, what how did this happen to you? Who did it?" I'm about to lose my mind, I don't know what to do right now.

"Mini" she mouthed weakly before her eyes closed, losing consciousness in my arms.

" Mini, I know you would do this" Harshad mumbled.